Help to Grow
Our Help to Grow Management Programme is a practical management training course for senior managers of small and medium-sized businesses, accredited by the Small Business Charter.
During the programme you’ll develop a Growth Action Plan uniquely tailored to help you lead and grow your business. You can take this 12-week programme alongside full-time work, so you can start implementing your new skills and knowledge straight away.
This programme is expertly designed to build your capabilities in leadership, innovation, digital adoption, employee engagement, marketing, responsible business, and financial management.
The programme is 90% funded by the Government, therefore registration needs to be made via Small Business Charter here.
Duration 12 weeks
Dates Next course starts on Wednesday 01 May 2024 in Plymouth
Small Business Charter
Our Help to Grow Management Programme is accredited by the Small Business Charter.
- A blended programme that combines interactive, online sessions with face-to-face learning
- Designed to fit alongside work commitments
- Enhance your management and strategic capabilities
- Produce a growth plan for your business
- Learn how to innovate in your business and build long-term resilience
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Develop your value proposition and reach into growth markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
This 12-week programme is designed to be taken alongside full-time work through a combination of online sessions and face-to-face learning. The cost to attend is 90% funded by the Government, with participants only needing to pay £750 for the course.
The programme includes:
- 8 x facilitated online 2-hour sessions
- 4 x 4-hour practical, face-to-face case study workshops
- 10 hours of one-to-one support from a mentor with experience of running a business, providing you with personalised support to develop your own business growth plan
- Peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Network featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
The Help to Grow Management Course supports senior managers of small and medium-sized businesses to boost their business’s performance, resilience, and long-term growth.
To join the Help to Grow: Management Course, your business must:
- Be a Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) based in the United Kingdom
- From any business sector, employing between 5 and 249 people
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity
- If your business employs between 10 and 249 people, you can send up to two participants on the course. For more information, please read the FAQs
To join the Help to Grow Management Course, you must:
- Be a senior decision maker, such as Chief Executive, Finance Director, Operations Director, etc.
- Have at least one direct report
- Commit to completing all sessions
Next start date
The next course starts on Wednesday 01 May 2024 in Plymouth.
Most of the sessions are delivered online, with 5 sessions taking place in Plymouth.
Standard Price: £750
The cost to attend is 90% funded by the Government, with participants only needing to pay £750 for the course.
If you have any questions or would like to have a chat about this programme and how it could benefit you or your organisation, please get in touch.
Circular Economy Masterclass
Duration 6 weeks
Next cohort 23 January - 24 March 2024
Interactive Circular Economy Masterclass, learn how to harness the Circular Economy to make positive and sustainable business decisions.
Duration Flexible lengths
Dates Flexible start dates
Custom Programmes offer a unique-to-you learning experience tailored to your most critical business challenges. Build a training programme directly relevant to your company's objectives.
Duration 2-4 years
Dates Flexible start dates
Fees Funded by Apprenticeship Levy
Our degree apprenticeships have been developed to enable you to gain practical skills, in-depth business knowledge and a University level qualification from a prestigious Russell Group University, all within a flexible blended learning format.