Tel: +44 (0)1392 725269
India Career Ready Programme
The Business School understands the unique challenges that Indian students face when applying for jobs in the UK and back home in India, so our Employability and Careers Consultants will help you to gain the skills needed to succeed in both recruitment environments.
As India Career Ready contains helpful information about the Indian graduate labour market, application and selection processes used in India and information about how to conduct an Indian job search from the UK, it will also be of interest to any other students who wish to work in India during or after their studies.
If you are a student wishing to access careers support outside of India Career Ready, you can arrange an appointment to talk to someone, search and book a range of careers events, and view our other employability schemes on the Career Zone pages.
India Career Ready is a programme of two parts, an online resource for students to work through at their own pace, and a series of "live" events running throughout the year.
The online resources include topics such as;
- How to Impress UK Employers as an Indian Student
- How to Gain Work Experience and Internships in the UK
- How to Find Graduate Jobs in India
- How to Stand Out in the Indian Graduate Labour Market (and Compete with India-Educated Students)
- How To Impress Indian Employers with Your UK Education
The "live" events are designed to complement the online resources and include input from employers in the UK and in India, and from Indian alumni. They cover topics such as:
- Finding Hidden Opportunities
- English Pronunciation for the UK Workplace
- CV Review Workshop
- Register your interest in the live sessions by completing this form
At the University of Exeter, Career Zone has created an innovative new programme- India Career Ready!
The India Career Ready Programme offers six core employability sessions to help Indian students plan for their career.
The University of Exeter’s Global Employability webpage provides useful resources to help with finding a job in India.