Dr Narmin Nahidi
Lecturer in Finance and Management
Narmin Nahidi began her academic journey at the University of Exeter in October 2023, marking a significant chapter in an already illustrious career. Prior to this pivotal role, she held the position of Lecturer in Finance, Accountancy, and Business at the University of Central Lancashire and how she acts as an Adjunct Professor of Corporate Finance and Fintech at ESC Clermont Business School in Clermont, France. She also boasts a Ph.D. in Finance from Ca’ Foscari University of Venice. Her research profile is both broad and nuanced. She primarily focuses on pivotal areas such as Corporate Finance, Financial Technology, Behavioural Finance, and Sustainability in Finance and Economics. Additionally, her scholarly interests extend into Gender Economics, Neurofinance, and Financial Economics, displaying a commitment to interdisciplinary academic pursuits.
In the realm of professional qualifications, Narmin stands out for her interdisciplinary acumen, bridging gaps between academia and industry. She has earned a Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and undergone specialized training in a multitude of areas including Artificial Intelligence for Business Leaders, Cybersecurity, and Machine Learning. These qualifications add substantive weight to her professional profile, equipping her with the skills and expertise to navigate the complex landscape of modern finance and technology. Before joining the University of Exeter, she amassed a wealth of experience in various roles such as financial consultancy and international business director.
In terms of her contributions to academic service and community, she was instrumental in the development and implementation of the Master of Science in Financial Technology (MSc Fin-tech) program at the University of Central Lancashire. Beyond this significant project, she also serves as an Editorial Member of the Journal of Computers in Human Behavior Reports and contributes her expertise to the Scientific Committee for the University of South Florida M3 Center and the Association of North America Higher Education International GLOBE Conference. She is an Active Reviewer for several esteemed journals in finance and accounting. Furthermore, Narmin is an active member of a range of professional bodies including the Financial Management Association (FMA), the American Finance Association (AFA), and the European Financial Management Association (EFMA), among others. Her role in academia extends beyond research and publications; she also has experience supervising PhD and DBA candidates, making her an influential figure in the realms of academia and professional development alike.
- Ph.D. (Ca’ Foscari University of Venice)
- MPhil (Ca’ Foscari University of Venice)
- MA (Azad University Tehran Central Branch)
- BA (Hons) (University of Applied Science and Technology Tehran
- Primary focus: Financial Technology, Corporate Finance, Financial Economics, Sustainability in Finance and Economics
- Secondary focus: Gender Economics, Neurofinance, Behavioural Finance
External Engagement and Impact
Awards and Honours
- Scholarship Awarded by Italian Ministry of Education for PhD. Degree at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Scholarship Awarded by Italian Ministry of Education for Master of research at Ca’ Foscari University of Venice
- Adjunct Professor of Corporate Finance and Fintech, ESC Clermont Business School, Clermont, France
- Financial Technology (Fintech) in Corporate Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Sustainable Finance
- Financial Econometrics
- Green Finance
- Introduction to Econometrics
- Quantitative Methods for Economics and Finance