Dr Cliff Li
Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Director of Education of Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship
Streatham Court 0.54
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Cliff is a Senior Lecturer in Entrepreneurship within the Innovation, Technology, and Entrepreneurship (ITE) sub-department of the Department of Management where he also serves as the Director of Education (DoE) for ITE. Prior to that, he was a Lecturer in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship at Coventry University, where he was a Module Leader, Dissertation Supervisor, Course Director, and Deputy Programme Director, ASPiRE Fellow, Faculty Leadership Development Programme Fellow, and SimVenture Evolution Superuser.
As an Advance HE Fellow (FHEA), Cliff is currently involved in teaching and other scholarly activities at the Business School. His research spans across several interdisciplinary areas such as responsible innovation in a Chinese context, entrepreneurial resilience in times of crisis, and gamification in entrepreneurship education.
Cliff obtained his PhD and MSc degrees at the Business School (2011-2019). Since 2014, he has been involved in a wide range of teaching, research, and widening participation activities.
- Responsible Innovation
- Entrepreneurial Resilience
- Entrepreneurship Education
External Engagement and Impact
Awards and Honours
- Certificate of Merit at the 6th Innovation & Entrepreneurship Teaching Excellence Awards as part of the 15th European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship (2020)
- Won a £1000 research grant for PhD fieldwork by Santander Universities UK
- Awarded fully funded PhD studentship by University of Exeter Business School
Member of the Entreprenurship SIG Committee of the British Academy of Managment.,
TeachingMy teaching interests lie in entrepreneurship underpinned by experiential learning which advocates activity-based, interactive, and flipped classroom teaching style. This entails several key foci:
- Entrepreneurial mindset and skillsets
- Personal entrepreneurial development
- Decision making in simulated business environment
- BEM2054 - Acting Entrepreneurially
- BEM3067 - Innovation for Urgent Global Challenges
- BEMM394 - Entrepreneurship: New Venture Creation