Dr Naheed Bashir
Lecturer in Innovation, Technology and Entrepreneurship
Streatham Court 88
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Naheed has joined the University of Exeter Business School in December, 2022. Prior to joining University of Exeter, she has been a Postdoctoral visiting researcher in the Department of Entrepreneurship and Strategy, Lancaster University of Management School (LUMS), Lancaster University.
Naheed has earned a PhD from the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research (MIOIR) of Alliance Manchester Business School, the University of Manchester.
Her current research explores the utilisations of digital technologies in a variety of innovative firms across phases of the NPD, social media internal versus external applications for ideation in high tech industries, digital platforms for OI and required firm’s capabilities, knowledge processing capabilities, digital entrepreneurship focusing women in developing countries, and potential of digital platforms for start-ups and SMEs.
PhD, The University of Manchester
MSc, University of Strathclyde
Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Innovation, Open Innovation, and New Product Development
- Digital Innovation and Firm’s Capabilities
- Digital Technologies
- Digital Leadership
- Digital Business Models
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Knowledge Management
- Digital Leadership in Open Innovation
- Digital Platforms “Unleashing the Potential for Start-UPs/SMEs”
- Leveraging Digitalization to cope with COVID-19 “A case Study of Pakistani Women Entrepreneurship”
External Engagement and Impact
Awards and Honours
- Honorary Visiting Researcher at Lancaster School of Management, Lancaster University
- Postdoctoral Visiting Researcher, Lancaster School of Management 2021-2023
Membership of Research Council committees
- Higher Education Academy UK (Associate Fellow Registration No: PR131769), Since June 2017.
- Member Since January 2019---Academy of Innovation, Entrepreneurship, and Knowledge (AIEK)
- Member Since 2016--ISPIM - International Society for Professional Innovation Management
- Member Since 2016--Global Science and Technology Forum (GSTF),
- Member Since July 2016--Academy of Marketing science (AMS)
- Member Since February 2015--British Academy of Management (BAM)
- Member Since March 2015--Research and Development Management Association (RADMA)
- Member Since October, 2014--Academy of Management (AOM)
- Member Since September 2014---European Conference on Knowledge Management Committee (ECKM)
TeachingI use a variety of teaching methods to cater the needs of students. I apply an online, hybrid/blended model, experiential learning, encourage group discussions, engage student-centered discussions, and cases analysis. I specifically focus on project-based, inquiry- based and problem-based learning. Besides, talk/discussion with industry specialists are also additions.
My teachings (undergraduate, graduate, executive) are research informed. I actively integrate research findings and update the teaching contents.
I also consult with a range of teaching resources mainly include the case studies, current researchers on the subject, cases and examples of digital innovation in industry (e.g. innovative firms), recent developments in digital Innovation, and get hands on experience with problem-based learning (from Industry).
In particular, I encourage my students to become active learners by working on their own start-ups or entrepreneurial projects.