Dr Laura Phillips
Senior Lecturer in Management
+44 (0) 1392 722558
Streatham Court 0.64
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Laura is a Senior Lecturer in Management at the University of Exeter Business School. She joined the school in 2016, prior to this she worked as a Research Fellow on EPSRC and RCUK funded research projects in the banking, defence and telecoms sectors.
Laura's research interests lie in the impact of digital technologies on service design and the customer experience. Laura has been involved in a number of research programmes in this area, most recently as a co-investigator on VISTA AR. This £7.8m INTERREG project, explored visitor experience at cultural heritage sites, creating new VR and AR digital interpretations and exploring the new business models they enable.
Her research has been published in the International Journal of Production and Operations Management, Journal of Travel Research, Production Planning & Control and the Journal of Service Management. She is also a member of the Editorial Review Board for International Journal of Production & Operations Management.
- PhD Management (University of Exeter)
- BA (Hons) Business (University of Plymouth)
- Impact of digital technologies on business model innovation, service design and the customer experience
- Service systems/ product service systems
Laura has worked on a number of large research programmes in these areas, including an EPSRC Knowledge Transfer Award; the EPSRC/S4T programme; contract research with Rolls Royce; the RCUK HAT project and, most recently, VISTA AR a £7.8m INTERREG programme.
- Future Focus II provides focussed support to SMEs based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly helping them to realise their growth potential through innovation.
- VISTA AR. Exploring visitor experience at cultural heritage sites, this programme aims to create new VR and AR digital interpretations and explore the new business models they enable.
External Engagement and Impact
Awards and Honours
- Best Service Science Paper Award (Naples Forum on Service, 2011)
- Best Practitioner Paper Nominee (Frontiers in Service, 2008)
Member of the Editorial Review Board for International Journal of Production & Operations Management