Dr Yao Chen
Lecturer in Finance
+44 (0) 1392 726265
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Yao Chen is a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) in Finance at the University of Exeter Business School. After a PhD in Finance from Warwick Business School, he joined Cardiff University in September 2017 before moving to Exeter.
Yao’s research interests are in behavioural finance, empirical asset pricing, and corporate social responsibility.
He has published in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis. His work has been presented at leading international conferences such as the China International Conference in Finance, Global Research Alliance for Sustainable Finance Conference, and annual meetings of the Financial Management Association and European Financial Management Association.
- PhD (Warwick)
- MSc (Lancaster)
- BSc (Lancaster)
- Behavioral Finance
- Empirical Asset Pricing
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Mutual Funds
- Dynamic ESG Preferences and Asset Prices (with Alok Kumar and Chendi Zhang)
- Do Fund Managers Respond to ESG News? Evidence from Portfolio Holdings and Investor Flows (with Linquan Chen and Woon Sau Leung)
Publications by category
Awards and Honours
- 2020: Exeter Above and Beyond Award
- 2019: Exeter Above and Beyond Award
- 2016: FMA Annual Meeting Best Paper Award Semi-Finalist
- 2012-2016: ESRC Doctoral Scholarship
- 2008-2011: Lancaster University Management School Scholarship
- Corporate Finance