Dr Wendy Jiao
Senior Lecturer in Operations Management
+44 (0) 1392 723545
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Dr Wendy Jiao is a Senior Lecturer in Operations Management at the University of Exeter Business School since September 2021. Prior to joining Exeter, Wendy was a Lecturer in Operations Management at Loughborough University and a post-doctoral fellow at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Wendy is the Principle Investigator of British AcademyLeverhulme Small Research Grant, “Dynamic Bargaining Games in the Container Leasing Industry”. In addition, she is a core member of a large research grant of the NSFC/RGC Joint Research Scheme about container leasing, in which she played a leading role in coordinating research groups in universities of Hong Kong and Beijing, container users and leasing companies.
PhD in Supply Chain Management (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University)
Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Revenue Management
- Capacity Management
- Inventory Management
Dr Wendy Jiao’s research covers operations research and stochastic optimization, mainly concentrating on dynamic revenue management, capacity management, and inventory management. She specifically investigates different theoretical and analytical methods and adopts them to examine dynamic linear/nonlinear pricing problems of stochastic rental systems given various features of rental suppliers and different characteristics of customers.
Wendy started on the container rental pricing research since her PhD study. With a comprehensive understanding of the problem, she applied her research methodologies and results to the container leasing industry and the media advertising industry in the past three years. Besides, she extended the research into general pricing problems in sharing economies in industry and built up industrial collaborations and investigated application issues in some related companies in the United Kingdom, Hong Kong and Mainland China.
Wendy’s ongoing research focuses on B2B revenue management and fleet management in the container leasing industry.
2020-2022: British Academy/Leverhulme Small Research Grant. Dynamic Bargaining Dynamic Bargaining Games in the Container Leasing Industry. Principle Investigator
2020-2021: Company-funded Research Project. Demand Analysis and Forecast in Radio Advertising. Principle Investigator
2019-2021: Young Scientists Fund of the National Natural Science Foundation of China. The Price of Anarchy in Reverse Supply Chains with Disaster Relief Inventory Refreshment. Co-Investigator
2018-2020: Young Scientists Fund of the National Natural Science Foundation of China. Resource Sharing and Optimization for Shipping Companies. Co-Investigator
2017-2021: National Natural Science Foundation of China/Research Grants Council Joint Research Scheme. Dynamic Revenue Management and Fleet Management for Stochastic Container Leasing. Co-Investigator
Publications by category
Publications by year
- Early Career Researchers Committee member, The Operational Research Society, UK
- Reviewer for Production and Operations Management, Computers & Operations Research, Omega, Transportation Research Part B, Transportation Research Part E.
I am currently teaching the following modules:
- BEMM460 Statistics and Mathematics for Business Analytics
- BEMM173 International Operations Management
I taught several modules at Loughborough University.
- Logistics System Operations (Postgraduate)
- Logistics Modelling and Operations Analytics (Postgraduate)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management Project (Postgraduate)
- Operations Management (Undergraduate, Postgraduate, EMBA)
- Data Analysis for Management (Undergraduate)
- Business Optimisation (Undergraduate)
- Project Management (Undergraduate)
- BEMM173 - International Operations Management
- BEMM460 - Statistics and Mathematics for Business Analytics