Professor Sorin Krammer
Professor of Strategy and International Business, Co-Director of the Research Methods Centre
+44 (0) 1392 723244
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Sorin Krammer is Full Professor of Strategy and International Business at University of Exeter Business School. Prior to joining University of Exeter Business School in 2019, Sorin was Associate Professor in International Business and Innovation at Leeds University Business School and has held academic positions at the University of Groningen, MIT Sloan School of Management, and Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR). In addition to academia, Sorin was involved as well as an expert consultant in several World Bank projects dealing with innovation and international competitiveness (of regions and sectors) in less-developed countries.
Sorin Krammer is also Visiting Senior Researcher at the Centre for International Business (CIBUL) at the University of Leeds. He has published, among others, in Journal of Management, Research Policy, or Journal of World Business, and he serves as member of the Editorial Boards of Journal of Management Studies, Journal of World Business and Technological Forecasting and Social Change
Associate Professor of International Business and Innovation, International Business Division (CIBUL), Leeds University Business School, Leeds, UK, 2017-2018
Assistant Professor of International Economics and Business, Global Economics and Management Department, University of Groningen, Groningen, the Netherlands. 2010-2016
Postdoctoral Fellow and Associate, MIT Sloan School of Management and NBER, Cambridge, MA, USA. 2009-2010.
- Ph.D. (Economics), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA.
- M.Sc. (International Economics) Kiel Institute for World Economics, Kiel, Germany.
- M.Sc. (Strategic Management), Technical University of Timisoara, Romania.
- Internationalization and performance
- Non-market strategies
Sorin’s research interests lie in the broad area of Innovation with a specific focus on strategic implications and international aspects, and expertise at both macro (i.e., countries, regions, industries) and micro (i.e., firms, individuals) level. His work has appeared in journals such as Journal of Management, Research Policy, Journal of World Business, International Business Review, Technological Forecasting and Change, and Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, and has been acknowledged at various international conferences such as the Academy of Management, Academy of International Business, Strategic Management Society, DRUID, and others.
I am interested in supervising doctoral students in the following areas:
- Innovation and internationalization
- Inter-firm strategic alliances
- Non-market strategies
- Institutions and organizations
Publications by category
Publications by year
Awards and Honours
- Alan M. Rugman Prize - Most Promising Scholar in International Business. The Academy of International Business and the Eldridge Haynes Memorial Trust. Vancouver, Canada, 2014.
- Summer Research Fellow, American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), Great Barrington, MA, 2012.
- Robert Solow Postdoctoral Fellow, Cournot Centre for Economic Research, Paris, France, 2009.
- Top 5 most valuated lecturers at University of Groningen, Faculty of Economics and Business, 2011. Course: Research Methods I for Economics and Business.
- Visiting Senior Researcher, CIBUL (Centre for International Business) at the University of Leeds, 2019-present.
- Visiting Research Fellow, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research (SIEPR), Stanford, CA, USA. 2010.
- American Economic Association (AEA)
- Academy of Management (AOM);
- European International Business Academy (EIBA);
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- Journal of World Business (2018-present)
- Technological Forecasting and Social Change (2016-present)
- Journal of Management Studies (2020-present)
At Leeds University Business School:
- LUBS 5293M: Understanding your Discipline (Ph.D.)
- LUBS 5217: Globalization of Innovation (M.Sc.)
- LUBS 5199: International Business Dissertation (M.Sc.)
- LUBS 2400: International Economic Environment (B.Sc.) *
- LUBS 3805: International Business Management (B.Sc.) *
- LUBS 5906: Research Methods for International Business (M.Sc.)
- Thesis Supervision: M.Sc. IB and B.Sc. IB
- Tutoring: M.Sc. and B.Sc. IB students
(* Module leader)
At University of Groningen:
- Research Paper for International Economics and Business (B.Sc.) *
- Economics of Strategy (B.Sc.) *
- Foreign Direct Investment and Trade (M.Sc.) *
- Firm Organization Theory (B.Sc.) *
- Research Methods I for International Economics and Business (B.Sc.) *
- M.Sc. IB Thesis Supervision
- B.Sc. IB Thesis Supervision
- Tutoring: B.Sc. Economics students
(* Course coordinator)