Dr Okechukwu Okorie
Postdoctoral Research Associate
+44 (0) 1392 726112
Building:One, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4ST, UK
Okechukwu joined the University of Exeter as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Circular Technology working as the Lead Researcher for the EPSRC funded Circular 4.0: Data Driven Intelligence for a Circular Economy (EP/R032041/1) grant. This three year project is expected to develop novel solutions in employing data-driven intelligence to optimise the selection of Circular Economy strategies for products as well as defining the modes and timings of intervention in the product lifecycle. He had previously worked as a Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Circular Technology at Cranfield University. He is also a Co-I on two SPRITE+ EPSRC (EP/S035869/1) projects. He is a Review Editor for Frontiers in Sustainability journal and a member, Exeter Academic Steering Group.
Dr. Okechukwu Okorie holds a BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Maiduguri, Nigeria and an MSc in Engineering Management from the University of South Wales, United Kingdom. He completed his PhD at the Sustainable Manufacturing Systems Centre, Cranfield University. Previous work experience include Condition Monitoring Analyst and Asset Care Maintenance Engineer at Diageo Nigeria (Guinness Nigeria Plc). Here he led projects including integrating maintenance planning with condition monitoring analysis and logistics, adoption of SAP from Maximo for maintenance planning as well as design of new warehousing facilities. He has also worked as a Supply Chain Development Analyst for Damco, United Kingdom. He is an IMechE Chartered Engineer and a UK STEM Volunteer.
His PhD research was focused on integrating digitisation with the circular economy where examined the data-enabled decision making process in the remanufacturing of sensor-embedded products. This work utilised a mixed-method approach, employing system dynamics modelling tool as well as qualitative research methods. As part of his PhD, he has won two conference-based awards. He regularly publishes, and presents his work at conferences and industry-based webinars and was recently a Visiting Academic in Remanufacturing at the Rochester Institute of Technology, New York. He was recently selected as a GW4 Crucible 2021 participant.
BEng (Hons), MSc, PhD in Manufacturing (Cranfield)
- Circular Economy.
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Circular Value Chains
- Circular Business Models
- Smart Remanufacturing
- Digital Manufacturing
- Modelling and Simulation of Manufacturing Systems
- Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance.
- End-of-Product Life Cycle Analysis.
- Data-Enabled Decision Making.
(as PhD & PDRA)
Researcher, Feasibility Study Research Project on “Circular 4.0: Digital Intelligence to Enable a Circular Economy” funded by EPSRC Network Plus: Industrial Systems in the digital Age (EP/ P001246). 2017-2018
Lead Researcher, Circular 4.0: Data Driven Intelligence for Circular Economy (EP/R032041/1). 2019-2022.
Publications by category
Publications by year
- Rolls Royce
- Delivering Publishing Expertise to Junior Academics Around the World
- PhD student conduct research with PSS
Awards and Honours
- GW4 Crucible 2021 Participant.
- EPSRC (SPRITE +) Funding Award X2, 2020.
- British Council/ Newton Fund Researchers Fund Award (2019)
- University of Exeter, Business School Mobility Funding Award (2019/2020)
- People’s Choice Award, Cranfield University 3 Minutes Competition. Awarded at the Cranfield Doctoral Network Annual Event, 2018.
- Best Poster (Education) Award, EPSRC Network Plus: Industrial Systems in the Digital Age, “Looking Beyond Industry 4.0”, 2017 Conference, Glasgow 2017.
- Federal Government Scholar, 2001 A recipient of the Federal Government of Nigeria Scholarship Merit Award for Undergraduate Degree Studies
- Research Participant, Wharton Global faculty Development Program, Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania. (2020)
- Visiting Academic Scholar in Remanufacturing, Golisano Institute for Sustainability, Rochester Institute of Technology, New York, USA. (2019)
- Journal Reviewer: International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing-Green Technology, Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Journal of Remanufacturing, Journal of Cleaner Production, Sustainability, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health), Energies. (Ongoing)
- Associate Supervisor (MSc Student, Cranfield University) (2019 – Ongoing)
- Member, Academy of Management
- Member, Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Member, Institution of Engineering and Technology