Dr Okechukwu Okorie
Postdoctoral Research Associate
+44 (0) 1392 726112
Building:One, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4ST, UK
Okechukwu joined the University of Exeter as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Circular Technology working as the Lead Researcher for the EPSRC funded Circular 4.0: Data Driven Intelligence for a Circular Economy (EP/R032041/1) grant. This three year project is expected to develop novel solutions in employing data-driven intelligence to optimise the selection of Circular Economy strategies for products as well as defining the modes and timings of intervention in the product lifecycle. He had previously worked as a Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Circular Technology at Cranfield University.
Dr. Okechukwu Okorie holds a BEng (Hons) degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Maiduguri, Nigeria and an MSc in Engineering Management from the University of South Wales, United Kingdom. He completed his PhD at the Sustainable Manufacturing Systems Centre, Cranfield University. Previous work experience include Condition Monitoring Analyst and Asset Care Maintenance Engineer at Diageo Nigeria (Guinness Nigeria Plc). Here he led projects including integrating maintenance planning with condition monitoring analysis and logistics, adoption of SAP from Maximo for maintenance planning as well as design of new warehousing facilities. He has also worked as a Supply Chain Development Analyst for Damco, United Kingdom.
His PhD research is focused on integrating digitisation with the circular economy where examined the data-enabled decision making process in the remanufacturing of sensor-embedded products. This work utilised a mixed-method approach, employing system dynamics modelling tool as well as qualitative research methods. For this PhD research, he has published three journal articles and one conference paper and one book chapter. As part of his PhD, he has won two conference-based awards. He regularly presents his work at conferences and industry-based webinars and was recently a Visiting Academic in Remanufacturing at the Rochester Institute of Technology, New York.
BEng (Hons), MSc, PhD in Manufacturing (Cranfield)
- Circular Economy.
- Sustainable Manufacturing
- Circular Value Chains
- Digital Manufacturing
- Modelling and Simulation of Manufacturing Systems
- Condition Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance.
- End-of-Product Life Cycle Analysis.
- Data-Enabled Decision Making.
- Computer-Aided Design
- Lead Researcher, Circular 4.0 Circular 4.0: Data Driven Intelligence for a Circular Economy (EP/R032041/1) grant
- Associate Supervisor (MSc Manufacturing student, Cranfield University). Topic: “End-of-life (EOL) options for electric vehicle fuel cells: The role of use-data in enabling recycling and remanufacturing efficiency.”
Publications by category
Publications by year
- Rolls Royce
Awards and Honours
- British Council/ Newton Fund Researchers Fund Award (2019)
- University of Exeter, Business School Mobility Funding Award (2019/2020)
- People’s Choice Award, Cranfield University 3 Minutes Competition. Awarded at the Cranfield Doctoral Network Annual Event, 2018.
- Best Poster (Education) Award, EPSRC Network Plus: Industrial Systems in the Digital Age, “Looking Beyond Industry 4.0”, 2017 Conference, Glasgow 2017.
- Federal Government Scholar, 2001
A recipient of the Federal Government of Nigeria Scholarship Merit Award for Undergraduate Degree Studies
- Visiting Academic Scholar in Remanufacturing, Golisano Institute for Sustainability, Rochester Institute of Technology, New York, USA. (2019)
- Journal Reviewer (Journal of Manufacturing Systems, Journal of Remanufacturing, Journal of Cleaner Production, Sustainability, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health)
- Associate Supervisor (MSc Student, Cranfield University)