Professor Climent Quintana-Domeque
Professor of Economics
+44 (0) 1392 726105
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Climent Quintana-Domeque (Barcelona, 1980) is Professor of Economics at the University of Exeter, a Research Fellow at IZA (Bonn) and a network member of the Human Capital Economic Opportunity Family Inequality working group (Chicago). Climent received his Llicenciatura from Universitat Pompeu Fabra (first ranked in the class of 2002) and completed his PhD in Economics at Princeton University in 2008. Climent has taught at the Universitat d'Alacant, where he was Assistant Professor and got his first tenure in 2012, and at the University of Oxford, where he was both Associate Professor and Tutorial Fellow at St Edmund Hall, and got his second tenure in 2017.
Climent is an applied microeconomist interested in a broad range of fields, including development, health and household economics issues. His work has been published in top general journals, such as the Journal of Political Economy and the Review of Economics and Statistics, and top field journals, like Demography and the Journal of Health Economics. Together with Marco Gonzalez-Navarro (Berkeley) he is the co-author of "the world's first study of the true impact of public road building on property values" (Andrew Leigh, 2018, in Randomistas: How radical researchers are changing our world, p. 110).
Climent has served as associate editor of Economics and Human Biology and in the editorial board of Oxford Economics Papers, and has been the invited guest editor for the special issue of the Review of Economics of the Household in Honor of Nobel Laureate Angus Deaton. He is currently one of the editors of the Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics and serves in the editorial board of Economics and Human Biology.
- MRes in Economics Director
PhD, Princeton University
Fields of research
- Development Economics
- Health Economics
- Family Economics
PhD Supervision (current students)
- Noam Angrist (DPhil in Public Policy, Oxford, in progress)
- Marta Golin (DPhil in Economics, Oxford, in progress)
Publications by category
Publications by year
Awards and Honours
- Invited Guest Editor, Review of Economics of the Household, Special Issue: In Honor of Nobel Laureate Angus Deaton: “Consumption, Poverty and Inequality in the Household”, March 2018, Issue 1, Pages 1-188.
- Invitation to 3ie's Expert Roster, 2016.
- Editor, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics.
- Member of the Editorial Board, Economics and Human Biology.
- Keynote Lecture at the Economics and Human Biology Conference 2016, Tubingen, Germany.
- Network Member, Family Inequality, HCEO Global Working Group.
- Research Fellow, IZA.