Professor Angela Christidis
Associate Professor of Finance and Deputy Head of Finance and Accounting Department
+44 (0) 1392 722542
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Angela Christidis is an Associate Professor of Finance and Deputy Head of Finance and Accounting Department. Angela obtained her PhD in Finance at the University of Exeter Business School, in which she focused on developing some new models for financial distress prediction and its asset pricing implications in the UK. She worked for several years in leading multinational firms as a corporate financial analyst and finance manager before returning to academia.
Angela has extensive experience in the areas of education management, programme development, teaching and mentoring at undergraduate and postgraduate level. She has also led the successful accreditation of Finance programmes and pioneered the development of Financial Services Professional Degree Apprenticeship. Her current research covers corporate finance, asset pricing, ethical investing, sustainable finance and embedding sustainability into teaching, learning and curriculum. She is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a Member of the Society for Research into Higher Education and a Member of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment. She is a Certified Management and Business Educator awarded by the Chartered Association of Business Schools.
- Deputy Head of Finance and Accounting Department
- Member of the Taught Programmes Faculty Board
- MSc dissertation supervision
BBA in Accounting (Thailand), MSc (Exeter), PhD in Finance (Exeter), SFHEA, MCSI, CMBE
Finance Research Areas:
- Corporate Finance
- Asset Pricing
- Sustainable Finance
- Ethical Investing
- Datasets of risk factors and portfolios and several characteristics-matched benchmark portfolios for the UK. Further details are available in Gregory, Tharyan and Christidis (2013).
Education Research Areas:
- Student Experiences
- Learning, Teaching and Assessment
- Academic Practice, Careers and Cultures
- Christidis, A. (2021). Preparing Overseas Chinese Students to Become Successful Global Citizens, Chinese Education & Society, Volume 54, Issues 3-4. Abstract. DOI.
- Education Incubator award holder for the project ‘Understanding International Students’ Academic, Well-Being and Sociocultural Adaptation’
Key publications | Publications by category | Publications by year
Publications by category
Awards and Honours
- Graduate Teaching Assistant Scholarship, University of Exeter 2005-2009
- International Student Recruitment Award, University of Exeter 2012-2014
- Senior Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
- Certified Management and Business Educator, Chartered Association of Business Schools
- Member of the Society for Research into Higher Education
- Member of Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment
- External Examiner, Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University (2019-2023)
- External Examiner, Bournemouth University Business School (2022 to present)
In Prof Christidis’s Banking and Financial Services module, she examines the process of financial intermediation and financial services through which intermediation takes place. Theoretical and applied concepts are used to provide an understanding of the functioning of banks and financial services, and of their size and economic significance. Students will be exposed to real-world issues, including up-to-date financial news in leading financial publications and will critically appraise bank-based financial crises. Students will be able to integrate ethical investing and responsible finance in their decision-making. They will also be prepared to make informed future career choices, based on the knowledge they acquire of the finance and investment industry.
- BEAM033 - Banking and Financial Services
- BEAM064 - Work Based Project
- BEAM066 - Banking and Finance Research Project
- BEAM101 - Sustainable Finance Project