Admission to our MBA programme is usually dependent upon a good first degree and a minimum of three years' managerial work experience. We are highly selective while ensuring each MBA class has an optimal mix of backgrounds, nationalities and industry experience.
- our programme is taught in English - we ensure each and every participant has a good command of English. Our entry requirements are slightly higher than those of our competitors to ensure you get the most from your daily interactions with like-minded professionals, capable of working and conversing in English
- our programme is experiential - the MBA is an opportunity to leverage your and your peers' industry experience. Although we require a minimum of three years' post-graduation work experience, most of our MBA participants have in excess of 6 years' work experience. In 2017/18, average work experience across both the Full Time and Executive programmes is 11 years, ranging from 3 to 35.
Entry Requirements for all prospective students
- a minimum of three years' post-graduation work experience - preferably in a managerial position
- a good first degree
- career progression
Many applicants find that they possess extensive work experience, e.g. eight years or more, or have attained a professional qualification but not completed formal degrees. Non-academic achievements are taken into consideration, therefore applicants with one or more of the following skills and experience are welcome and encouraged to submit an application:
- Mature managers with extensive work experience
- Extensive experience of technical or specialist work
- Professionals planning career changes or returning to employment after a break from work
- Professionals seeking to develop skills for broader management roles
- Professionals interested in becoming entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs.
Although we do not require GMAT, we particularly welcome applicants in possession of a GMAT score which can be submitted along with your application, as your GMAT score may strengthen your application. We have recently launched an Academic Excellence scholarship which will be automatically awarded to all applicants in possession of a GMAT score of 650 and above. Further details can be found in our Scholarships and Funding page.
International students must show proficiency in the English language and have an appropriate qualification:
- Certificate of Proficiency in English of the Cambridge Local Examinations Grade B or above
- IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 6.0 in any sector)
- TOEFL 250
- iBT TOEFL 100 +
More information on language requirements.
We also require two professional references and a personal statement explaining why you are interested in The Exeter MBA and how the course fits into your desire to change yourself. Your personal statement should ideally be tailored to our programme.
Successful applicants must demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of The Exeter MBA in their personal statement.