Research agenda and mission
To identify, develop and apply advanced simulation, analytics and modelling methods to business problems.
Research is undertaken in a number of targeted themes:
- Smart Cities (including energy and mobility) – led by Prof Mike Yearworth
- Healthcare (including dementia and mental health) – led by Prof Nav Mustafee
- Service Innovation (including productivity) – led by Prof Andi Smart
CSAM undertakes thematic applied research through advanced study funded by research grants, Post Graduate Research (PGR) and collaborative partnerships to achieve interdisciplinary innovation.
- ULTIMATE: indUstry water-utiLiTy symbIosis for a sMarter wATer society (EU H2020)- €400K (total budget €16.7M)
- Audience for the Future (Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund) - UKRI - Industrial Strategy (£100K)
- VISTA-AR (£7.8 million)
- Parliamenatary Academic Fellowship (Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology) - (£47K)
- REPLICATE (REnaissance of PLaces with Innovative Citizenship And TEchnology) - (€29 million)
- Resilient Economy and Society by Integrated SysTems modelling (RESIST) - NERC (£487,438)
- Modelling supply chain optimisation in the food and beverages industry: Helping SMEs in South West England work towards the circular economy - EP/P008941/1 (PI: S Boehm). EPSRC. £483K (FEC).
- "NHS Quicker: A Platform for Delivering ‘Digital Nudges’ to Inform Attendance Choices for Urgent Care", UK OR Society Special Interest Group in Health and Social Service (ORS HSS SIG), University of Westminster, 22nd Jan 2019. Invited. Nav 2019
- "The Future of Digital Transformation in Urban Environments: An Example from ED and Urgent Care". AOM Big Data Conference, University of Surrey (The Future of Digital Transformation in Urban Environments) - Invited Panel Nav 2018
- "Against the odds: Positive disruptors bring real time NHS data to the public", NHS Digital Health & Care Innovation Expo, Manchester, 2018. Invited. Nav 2018
- "Investigating the use of real-time data in nudging patients' emergency department attendance behaviour using the NHSquicker Platform", UK OR Society Special Interest Group in Simulation + CORMSIS, University of Southampton. Invited Nav and John 2018