28th - 29th April 2020
3rd April 2020
Notification of acceptance
10th April 2020
For any further information, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Interdisciplinary Circular Economy Hub
Representatives from academia, policy and business are invited to participate in a two-day on-line workshop to contribute towards the development of the UK’s First National Interdisciplinary Circular Economy Hub.
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) is investing £30m into the Interdisciplinary Circular Economy programme with support from DEFRA and BEIS. As part of this programme, up to £3.3m will be invested into a National Interdisciplinary Circular Economy Hub (CE-HUB) to provide national leadership and coordination, driving knowledge exchange and capacity building across the Circular Economy investments funded under this programme and the wider research and innovation landscape.
Professors Peter Hopkinson and Fiona Charnley, have been selected as programme co-ordinators, to convene an interdisciplinary circular economy community and integrate perspectives from academic, policy, consumer, third sector and business stakeholders to inform a full Hub proposal to be submitted for peer-review in July 2020.
Working in collaboration with the Circular Economy Club, the aim of this unique workshop is therefore to bring together stakeholders from across the Circular Economy community to share perspectives and shape the vision and scope of the CE-HUB. Workshop activities will include:
- Perspectives from across the Circular Economy landscape,
- Development of whole-systems understanding and cross-cutting research to support the transformation to a Circular Economy,
- Identification of key themes, challenges and opportunities to accelerate progress towards a Circular Economy and Resource Revolution,
- Co-Creation of mechanisms for future research partnerships between academia, business and policy.
Expressions of interest to attend are invited from all areas of the Circular Economy community including:
- Academics from across the UKRI remit including arts and humanities, design, management, biological, engineering, environmental, physical and social sciences (including policy and behaviour change) and emerging fields such as big data, artificial intelligence, the creative economy and synthetic biology,
- Industrial representatives from across sectors and organisational scales (multinationals to start-ups),
- Policy makers,
- Third-Sector and Civil Society representatives.
Register your interest
If you are interested in participating in this event, please complete the expression of interest form linked below. Closing date for completion of the form is 3rd April 2020.
Participation will be primarily on a first come first serve basis, however if oversubscribed participation will be selected to ensure
balance across the range of appropriate disciplines and organisations. Successful applicants will be informed by 10th April 2020. > https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/DVPG76/
Please note that this is now an online event in which you will be invited to participate in various sessions across the two days.
If you are unable to participate but would like to be informed of CE-HUB updates and future activities please email: email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you to the event in April 2020.