The National Student Survey
NSS results update and our education approach for the coming year
Student Satisfaction at the University of Exeter Business School is up across the board according to the most recent National Student Survey (NSS).
The 2020 NSS survey has shown that all Business School disciplines have improved in both score and rank. Within the Russell Group of elite UK universities, Economics now ranks 5th Accounting and Finance 7th and Management 9th.
Professor David Boughey, Associate Dean of Education commented “This has obviously been an unusual year with the survey response window falling between a period of sector wide industrial action and Covid, so we might have expected results to be adversely affected by both. However, for the Business School, this isn’t the case with improvements across the board. This is testimony to the hard work of colleagues and their focus on student needs”
“However, more importantly, we are focused on the coming academic year and ensuring Covid doesn’t have a detrimental impact on the student educational experience.”
As a result of Covid, the Business School have re-designed programmes for maximum flexibility so they can be studied remotely and online, but with the option to enjoy substantial amounts of face to face teaching on campus when conditions allow.
In addition to the core teaching on programmes, the Business School will offer:
- Dual start dates for the majority of Postgraduate programmes with October and January starts
- A comprehensive induction to prepare students for all eventualities studying across a range of formats
- A wide range of academic development workshops to support learning
- Ongoing access to an Academic Personal Tutor
- Events with fellow students on their chosen programme
- Continued provision of industrial placements and study abroad options
The Business School has worked with many current students to build this new flexible provision and is an example of our continued student centred approach even in these difficult circumstances.
Date: 27 July 2020