For any further information, please e-mail us.
The workshop is possible thanks to generous funding from the "Firms, Markets and Value" Research Cluster at the University of Exeter Business School. Find out more about the research cluster.
7-9 June 2017
Paper submission deadline
1 March 2017
Notification of acceptance
1 May 2017
XII Workshop on Empirical Research in Financial Accounting
University of Exeter, Exeter, UK - 7-9 June 2017
The Department of Accounting of the University of Exeter is pleased to organise the XII Workshop on Empirical Research in Financial Accounting. The event will take place in Exeter, UK on June, 7-9 2017, and the deadline for submission is March 1, 2017.
The Workshop on Empirical Research has traditionally been the reference event in Spain to discuss high quality papers in all topics related to empirical financial accounting research. Over the years, the event has become a regular in the agendas of European researchers in accounting, and, following this internationalization trend, this is the first edition in which the Workshop is taking place outside Spain, in line with the international growth of our community.
All papers are anonymously peer reviewed prior to acceptance for the workshop. A discussant will be assigned to each paper presented in the conference to stimulate the debate. As in previous editions, the conference will feature an Editors’ Panel and plenary sessions. We are glad to announce that Stephen Penman (Columbia University) and Maria Correia (LSE) will be our plenary guest speakers.
We encourage you to participate and share your research interests with our community. We will also enjoy a few days together where you can meet our institution and our city.
Call for papers
We welcome empirical papers in all areas of Financial Accounting research. Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Effects of Financial Reporting and Disclosure Regulation
- Accounting Information and Valuation Model
- Relation between Accounting Information and Capital Markets
- Information Disclosure
- Intangible Assets
- Accounting Choice and Earnings Management
- Accounting Information and Corporate Governance
- Financial Analysts and Accounting Information
- Accounting Information Systems and Information Technology
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Any other contribution to Financial Accounting research will be also very welcome.
Submission and registration
- The deadline for submission of papers is March 1, 2017
- Notification of acceptance of submitted paper will be sent by March 31, 2017
- The deadline for early registration will be May 1, 2017
- The deadline for late registration will be June 1, 2017
Papers should be submitted electronically to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
To resolve any problem regarding paper submissions, please contact the Organising Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early registration (until 1 May, 2017): £130
- Late registration (latest date to register: 1 June, 2017): £180
The registration fee includes: attendance, documentation, 2 lunches, 2 dinners and coffee breaks. (This does not include accommodation. A list of nearby hotels is provided here.)
The University of Exeter combines world-class research with excellent student satisfaction at its campuses in Exeter and Cornwall. It is a member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive universities. Formed in 1955, the University has more than 20,000 students. The workshop will take place at the Business School on Streatham Campus in Exeter.
University of Exeter Business School
By train: Exeter’s main railway station is Exeter St David's. Exeter St David's Station is approximately 10 minutes walk from the Streatham Campus and taxis are available. The average journey time from London Paddington is 2 hours 30 minutes to Exeter. You can use National Rail Enquiries to plan your route.
By plane: Several airlines (such as RyanAir, EasyJet and Flybe) serve both Exeter and Bristol Airports
- Exeter: there are some direct flights from Spain (Alicante, Malaga and Palma), and other European/UK cities (Paris, Dublin, Amsterdam, Geneva, Aberdeen, Belfast, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds/Bradford, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich)
- Bristol: there are several direct flights from Spain and EU. Bristol Airport is easily reachable from Exeter by train + bus (round ticket about £40). Plan your route: Exeter St David's [EXD] to Bristol’s Airport (by bus) [XPB] on National Rail Enquiries
The University has rates with a number of hotels in Exeter, please contact them directly if you wish to make a booking and state this is a University booking.
University accommodation at Reed Hall
Telephone: +44 (0) 1392 723512
Please be aware that University accommodation is very limited.
Organising Committee (University of Exeter)
- Christina Dargenidou
- Fani Kalogirou
- Vicky Kiosse
- Gilad Livne
- Kevin McMeeking
- Giovanna Michelon
- Mari Paananen
- Maria Tsipouridou
- Cristina Abad (Universidad de Sevilla)
- Carolina Bona (Universidad de las Palmas de Gran Canaria)
- Ulf Brüggemann (Humboldt University of Berlin)
- Leandro Cañibano (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
- Mark Clatworthy (University of Bristol)
- Christina Dargenidou (University of Exeter)
- Juan M. García Lara (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
- Beatriz García Osma (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid)
- Joachim Gassen (Humboldt University of Berlin)
- Belén Gill (Universidad Jaime I)
- Begoña Giner (Universidad de Valencia)
- José A. Gonzalo (Universidad de Alcalá de Henares)
- Joaquina Laffarga (Universidad de Sevilla)
- Edward Lee (Manchester University)
- Giovanna Michelon (University of Exeter)
- Araceli Mora (Universidad de Valencia)
- Flora Muiño (Universidad de A Coruña)
- Fernando Peñalva (IESE Business School)
- Jerónimo Pérez (Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria)
- Bill Rees (University of Edinburgh)
- Carmelo Reverte (Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena)
- Juan Pedro Sánchez Ballesta (Universidad de Murcia)
- Marco Trombetta (Instituto de Empresa)
You can visit the website of two previous editions for further information
- La Coruña, Spain, 2014 - X Workshop on Empirical Research in Financial Accounting
- Gran Canaria, Spain, 2012 - IX Workshop on Empirical Research in Financial Accounting