“Studying a Masters has not only given me a comprehensive look at international management and related subjects, but the diverse mix of students on my course has helped me to learn and to grow personally.”
Sergii Ostryanko - Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
MSc International Management with European Study
Sergii intends to pursue a career in management, and feels that gaining experience overseas has given him the global perspective he needs to achieve his career goals.
“I completed a Graduate Diploma at INTO University of Exeter before progressing to the Business School. The decision to study in Exeter was an easy one based on the location, the modern campus and the University’s high rankings – not to mention the great sports and careers facilities.
Studying a Masters has not only given me a comprehensive look at international management and related subjects, but the diverse mix of students on my course has helped me to learn and to grow personally.
The opportunity to spend one semester abroad in Denmark was also a highlight for me – particularly as I believe spending time overseas is important for future managers in the era of globalisation. Due to this exchange, I was lucky enough to gain some unique experience, cultural awareness and insights into how to conduct business in another country.
My year at the University of Exeter Business school has definitely been one of the best experiences of my life – great modern facilities, friendly staff who are always ready and willing to help, and one of the most beautiful campuses of any UK university, all provided me with the best possible experience for studying. In addition, I was involved in the Student’s Guild which made my experience even brighter and more eventful!
During my time at the Business School I made sure to take advantage of any activities organised by the employability team, including employer skills sessions, employability sessions for international students, cultural awareness, interview experience and many more.
After I graduate I am planning to work in the UK in either Management Consulting or Human Resources. I’d also like to bring my knowledge to my home country (Ukraine) as well, and study a PhD after a few years of work experience. I’m sure my experiences from studying at the Business School and in Denmark will help me achieve these goals.
I would encourage other students considering a Masters programme to take every single opportunity presented to them at the University. Studying at the Business School is perhaps just 30% of the experience, the other 70% is meeting people from around the world, taking part in student life, studying abroad and improving your employability at the Career Zone. The Business School is definitely the place to gain inspiring and invaluable life experience so doesn’t miss the opportunity.”