One Planet MBA project
The culmination of your programme is your MBA Project which provides an opportunity to develop and apply innovative business thinking to solve the real-life challenge faced by one of our corporate partner organisations.
Your MBA project may focus on an issue of relevance to the programme. The One Planet MBA is all about enabling you to develop into senior management roles by helping you contribute innovation and ignite, lead and manage change in a wide range of organisations. Every year, multi-national organisations such as IBM, SAP, Thomson Reuters, WWF, Accenture, Marks & Spencer, PwC and many others, but also SMEs, NGOs, international organisations and social enterprises offer One Planet MBA participants the opportunity to undertake their MBA project with them. Click here to find out how our partnerships benefit you on the MBA.
The right MBA project for the right time
The MBA project is all about YOU. We offer the flexibility you need to enable you to maximise the value of your MBA project and leverage opportunities to redirect your career:
- as an entrepreneur, you will be able to develop your venture
- as an intrapreneur, you will drive innovation and grow innovative business ventures within your current organisation or for one of our partner organisations
- as a management consultant, you will unravel complex situations, think critically, diagnose problems and justify choices and actions based on sound evidence.
Or you may want to learn from entrepreneurs and take part in the development of a start-up through our links with Crowdcube and SetSquared and link your MBA Project to an internship.
Whatever your career ambition, the One Planet MBA project will be a key vehicle to help you fulfil it.
Supporting you all the way
As a One Planet MBA participant you will benefit from a hugely supportive environment. Our links with leading organisations and the MBA's corporate partnerships will enable you to learn from the very best:
- Our Transitioning into Management Consultancy workshops, led by PwC, IBM and Accenture consultants will prepare you for the demands of the role and help you manage the client relationship in the most effective way. You will be introduced to the processes and the cycle of consultancy, the key competencies for effective consulting as well as explore the characteristics and character of management and strategy consulting. The workshops will also provide an opportunity to explore how to manage client expectations and stakeholder relationship and develop negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Our Generating Insights and Project Management workshops are designed to prepare you for every aspect of your project and will ensure you generate maximum value, for yourself and our client organisations.
And with dedicated resources offered by the One Planet MBA Projects Officer, the Business School's Partnerships team, your MBA Career Coach, your tutor and business mentor we will help you secure the project that is right for you.