Scholarships and Funding
We know the decision to study for an MBA programme at a Russell Group, UK Top 10 University is a significant investment, both in yourself and in your professional development. This is an investment both in terms of time and money. Our discounts and scholarships programme will help you finance your MBA.
Helping you Fund your MBA
To help you fund your MBA we offer:
- An “early bird” discount available automatically to all early applicants for our Full Time 2017/18 MBA programme
- An extensive range of scholarships covering up to 100% of the tuition fees. Our scholarships are targeted at deserving and promising applicants with the potential to make the most of their MBA programme
- Academic Excellence scholarship of £2,500 for all applicants in possession of a first class degree and/or GMAT score in excess of 650.
- Links to external sources of funding for you to explore
In our MBA Class of 2016, around 60% of our MBA participants benefited from some sort of financial support. However, we cannot stress enough how important it is for you to have a clear plan in place as to how you will finance your studies and your living expenses while studying with us.
'early bird' discount
- Secure your place by paying the deposit (as detailed in your offer letter) by 31st March 2017 and you will automatically benefit our early bird discount of £3,000 from your fees for 2017/18.
- Please note that the early bird discount cannot be applied in addition to our Ayudar, Syngenta or Emerging Global Leader scholarships.
The following scholarships are available for all One Planet MBA for 2017/18 applicants:
- Scholarship applications for 2017/18 will open in January. You can subscribe to our regular MBA newsletters to be alerted when new scholarships become available. Please note: you need to have received an offer of a place on the One Planet MBA before you can apply for a scholarship and be in possession of an unconditional offer. Deadline for scholarship applications will be around the end of May 2017 so please ensure you have met our English Language requirements before applying.
- More information about our application process and entry requirements.
Postgraduate loans for up to £10,000 are now available to UK applicants
- More information about postgraduate loans are available
- More information about our application process and entry requirements.
The Ayudar Scholarship is to study for the One Planet MBA in 2017/18 (starting in September 2017). A number of part and full fees scholarships are available to deserving applicants armed with the desire to make a major contribution to business development alongside positive social, economic or environmental impact in Colombia. Those scholarships are valued at up to £25,000 and may cover programme fees, with a contribution to subsistence.
To apply for the scholarship you will need to upload a statement of up to 750 words detailing why you feel you should be considered for an Ayudar Scholarship Award. You should include any significant management, professional and/or sustainability achievements you would like to be taken into consideration for this Award and how you would envisage making use of your new knowledge and skills after the programme in contributing back to Colombia’s economic and/or human development. To apply for this scholarship, please click here. The deadline for applications for this scholarship is 31 May 2017. Please note, this award cannot be combined with the early bird discount.
The Syngenta scholarship is valued at £25,000 and covers the full One Planet MBA tuition fee as well as a contribution towards accommodation and living expenses.
Eligible candidates will need to:
- Meet the full entry requirements for the One Planet MBA.
- Have a background or demonstrable interest in food security or related topics such as environmental health and rural communities.
You will need to include a statement of up to 750 words outlining why you feel you should be considered for the Syngenta Scholarship. You should include details of your background and/or interest in food security, environmental health or rural communities; what benefits do you think you will gain from undertaking the One Planet MBA; and how do you envisage being able to apply the knowledge you have developed to further the area of food security, environmental health or rural communities. To apply for this scholarship, please click here. The deadline for applications for this scholarship will be 31 May 2017. Please note this award cannot be combined with the Early Bird Discount
For the 2016/17 programme we are offering up to two scholarships valued at £12,000 each, which will be awarded to applicants who can demonstrate academic excellence and strong business leadership skills with outstanding potential, with a particular emphasis on what you think you will gain from the One Planet MBA, what your contribution will be to the experience of others on the programme, and what you would like to achieve with the One Planet MBA in terms of personal and professional aspirations.
To apply for the scholarship you will need to upload a statement of up to 750 words, stating why you should be considered for this award, with emphasis on your leadership experience and qualities. To apply for this scholarship, please click here. The deadline for these scholarships 31st May 2016. Please note this award cannot be combined with the early bird discount.
To celebrate the One Planet MBA's 5th Anniversity we are offering a number of scholarships worth £8,000 each targeted at promising applicants from a wide rang of countries, backgrounds and experiences.
The scholarships will be awarded to promising individuals who can demonstrate academic excellence and/or great potential. Those scholarships are awarded on an on-going basis following interview by the MBA team. To maximise your chances of securing one of our MBA 5th Anniversary scholarships, please submit your MBA application as early as possible as their availability is limited.
And if you secure your place by 31st March you will also qualify for the £3,000 early bird discount, meaning a saving of £13,000.
Places subject to availability.
The One Planet MBA is pleased to be able to offer a bursary of GBP £5,000 (five thousand pounds), per year, from September 2015, for the next five years thanks to the Trevor and Dominica Yang One Planet MBA Bursary.
The Bursary will be available to candidates who can demonstrate:
- ordinary residency from Hong Kong or mainland China; and
- financial need.
Preferential consideration will also be given to applicants with a specific interest in sustainability and sustainable business. Applicants interested in being considered for this bursary should have an offer of a place on the One Planet MBA programme, and submit their application here. Please note you will be need to upload a statement up to 750 words outlining why you feel you should be considered for The Trevor and Dominca Yang Bursary, including significant management, professional and/or sustainability achievements you would like us to take into consideration for this Award. The deadline for applications is 31st May 2017. For more information, please click here.
Several MBA Scholarships up to a value of £5,000 each are offered by our network of corporate partners and come together with the opportunity to undertake an internship or a consultancy project at the following organisations:
Canon, Coca Cola, The Cooperative Group, IBM, IKEA, Lloyds Banking Group and Thomson Reuters.
Please note, you can apply for a maximum of 2 corporate scholarships but students can only receive one award.
You will need to write a statement of up to 750 words for each Corporate Partnership Scholarship you apply for describing any significant management and professional achievements you would like us to take into consideration for this Award and explain why you have chosen this particular company and what particular skills and abilities can you offer your chosen company that might set you apart from other Scholarship applicants. You will need to make a separate application for each Corporate Schoalrship - please click here to apply. the closing date for applications is 31st May 2016.
These scholarships may be awarded in addition to the early bird discounts. This means that, if you apply early and secure one of these scholarships, you will benefit from a £8,000 discount on your fees. Please note awards are made by the sponsoring organisation.
Applying for a Scholarship
You need to have received an offer of a place on the MBA before you apply for a scholarship.
You can then complete the online scholarship application form for entry on our Full Time Programme the following September. The deadline for all scholarship applications is set to 31st May 2017.
All scholarships are awarded on a discretionary basis by our generous donors, with eligibility assessed on the basis of your academic qualifications, work experience and your personal statement.
- you can apply for a number of Scholarships but students can only be awarded one.
- no feedback will be communicated to unsuccessful applicants
- all decisions are final.
Please contact the MBA Office for more information.