Scholarships and Funding
We know the decision to study for an MBA programme at a Russell Group, UK Top 10 University is a significant investment, both in yourself and in your professional development. This is an investment both in terms of time and money. Our extensive discounts and scholarships programme will help you finance your MBA.
Helping you Fund your MBA
To help you fund your MBA we offer a variety of discounts and scholarships:
- Discounts for all applicants
- Scholarships awarded on merit
- Links to sources of financial support
Scroll down for details.
In our MBA Class of 2017, around 70% of our MBA participants benefited from some sort of financial support. However, we cannot stress enough how important it is for you to have a clear plan in place as to how you will finance your studies and your living expenses while studying with us.
Please note, scholarships and discounts available for 2017 have now closed. We will be offering a range of funding opportunities for 2018/19, and applications for funding will open early in 2018. Please check back later for updates.
We offer discounts for 'early bird' applicants, those who can demonstrate academic excellence and those taking part in our The Exeter MBA 2018 Future Thinking Challenge.
Please note our financial resources dedicated to helping you fund your MBA are limited and therefore those discounts are subject to availability.
- Secure your place by paying the deposit (as detailed in your offer letter) by 31st March 2018 and you will automatically benefit from a £3,000 discount from your fees for 2018/19.
- Please note that the early bird discount cannot be applied in addition to our Ayudar or Emerging Global Leader scholarships.
- The Exeter MBA equips you with the knowledge, skills and tools to contribute innovation and new business models in a fast evolving world. By taking part in our The Exeter MBA 2018 Future Thinking Challenge and evidencing reflective and innovative business thinking you will not only develop a deeper understanding of the global challenges at the core of the programme but also reflect on their significance to your managerial experience. You will produce a personal statement that will greatly enhance your chances of securing a place in the programme. We will reward your engagement with our programme through our Challenge with an additional £2,000 discount off your tuition fees (subject to securing a place on the programme).
- Taking part is easy. Simply read our The Exeter MBA 2018 Future Thinking Challenge and address ONE of the five suggested questions in your personal statement.
- An academic excellence scholarship of £2,500 for all applicants in possession of a GMAT score in excess of 650, subject to availability
We offer a range of scholarships for the 2018/19 session.
- Scholarship applications for 2018/19 will open in January. You can subscribe to our regular MBA newsletters to be alerted when new scholarships become available.
The Ayudar Scholarship is to study for the Exeter MBA in 2018/19 (starting in September 2018). A number of part and full fees scholarships are available to deserving applicants armed with the desire to make a major contribution to business development alongside positive social, economic or environmental impact in Colombia. Those scholarships are valued at up to £25,000.
To be eligible to apply you will need to have an offer of a place on the Exeter MBA programme, and satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a Colombian citizen planning to return to Colombia and develop a business career in the country after graduation.
- Have a clear and demonstrable desire to make a difference in helping business to contribute back to society and/or improve the environment. You will need to write a compelling personal statement to demonstrate this.
- Have a clear and demonstrable case that you would not, without the Scholarship, have the financial means to undertake an MBA in the UK.
To apply for the scholarship you will need to upload a statement of up to 750 words detailing why you feel you should be considered for an Ayudar Scholarship Award. You should include any significant management, professional and/or sustainability achievements you would like to be taken into consideration for this Award and how you would envisage making use of your new knowledge and skills after the programme in contributing back to Colombia’s economic and/or human development. Applications for this scholarship will be opening early in 2018. The deadline for applications for this scholarship will be 31 May 2018. Please note, this award cannot be combined with the early bird discount.
For the 2018/19 programme we are offering up to two scholarships valued at £12,000 each, which will be awarded to applicants who can demonstrate academic excellence and strong business leadership skills with outstanding potential, with a particular emphasis on what you think you will gain from the Exeter MBA, what your contribution will be to the experience of others on the programme, and what you would like to achieve with the Exeter MBA in terms of personal and professional aspirations.
To apply for the scholarship you will need to upload a statement of up to 750 words, stating why you should be considered for this award, with emphasis on your leadership experience and qualities. Applications for this scholarship will be opening early in 2018. The deadline for these scholarships 31st May 2018. Please note this award cannot be combined with the early bird discount.
The Exeter MBA is pleased to be able to offer a bursary of GBP £5,000 (five thousand pounds), per year, from September 2015, for the next five years thanks to the Trevor and Dominica Yang Exeter MBA Bursary.
The Bursary will be available to candidates who can demonstrate:
- ordinary residency from Hong Kong or mainland China; and
- financial need.
Preferential consideration will also be given to applicants with a specific interest in sustainability and sustainable business. Applicants interested in being considered for this bursary should have an offer of a place on the Exeter MBA programme. Please note you will be need to upload a statement up to 750 words outlining why you feel you should be considered for The Trevor and Dominca Yang Bursary, including significant management, professional and/or sustainability achievements you would like us to take into consideration for this Award. Applications for this scholarship will open early in 2018, and the deadline for applications is 31st May 2018. For more information, please click here.
Several MBA Scholarships up to a value of £5,000 each are offered by our network of corporate partners and come together with the opportunity to undertake an internship or a consultancy project at the following organisations:
Canon, Coca Cola, The Cooperative Group, IBM, IKEA, Lloyds Banking Group and Thomson Reuters.
Please note, you can apply for a maximum of 2 corporate scholarships but students can only receive one award.
You will need to write a statement of up to 750 words for each Corporate Partnership Scholarship you apply for describing any significant management and professional achievements you would like us to take into consideration for this Award and explain why you have chosen this particular company and what particular skills and abilities can you offer your chosen company that might set you apart from other Scholarship applicants. You will need to make a separate application for each Corporate Scholarship - applications for these scholarships will be opening in early 2018 and the closing date for applications is 31st May 2018.
These scholarships may be awarded in addition to the early bird discounts. This means that, if you apply early and secure one of these scholarships, you will benefit from a £8,000 discount on your fees.
Securing a Scholarship
You need to have received an offer of a place on the MBA before you apply for a scholarship.
- Once you have secured an unconditional offer of a place on the programme you can complete the online scholarship application form for entry on our Full Time Programme. Find out more information about our application process and entry requirements
- The deadline for scholarship applications will be around the end of May 2018 so please ensure you have met our English Language requirements before applying
- Once applications have closed shortlisted applicants may be invited for a Skype interview with our sponsors and donors early June
- All scholarships are awarded on a discretionary basis by our generous donors, with eligibility assessed on the basis of your academic qualifications, work experience and your personal statement. The outcome of your scholarship application will be communicated to you around mid-June 2018.
- you can apply for a number of scholarships but students can only be awarded one.
- no feedback will be communicated to unsuccessful applicants
- all decisions are final
Please contact the MBA Office for more information.
Postgraduate loans for up to £10,280 are also available to UK applicants