Admission to the MBA programme is usually dependent upon a good first degree and a minimum of three years' managerial experience. We are highly selective while ensuring each MBA class has an optimal mix of backgrounds, nationalities and industry experience.
- our programme is taught in English - we ensure each and every participant has a good command of English. Our entry requirements are slightly higher than those of our competitors to ensure you get the most from your daily interactions with like-minded professionals, capable of working and conversing in English;
- our programme is truly international - every year MBA participants join us from all corners of the world. 75% of our intake comes from Latin America, North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South and South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand. This rich international mix of backgrounds and experiences ensures you not only learn from and work with each other, but also build a truly international network;
- our programme is experiential - the MBA is where you can leverage your and your peers' industry experience. Although we require a minimum of three years, post-graduation work experience most of our MBA participants have in excess of 6 years work experience. In 2017/18, average work experience across both the Full Time and Executive programmes is 11 years, ranging from 3 to 35.
Entry Requirements for all prospective students
- a minimum of three years, post-graduation work experience - preferably in a managerial position
- a good first degree
- career progression
Many applicants find that they possess extensive work experience, eg, eight years or more, or have attained a professional qualification but not completed formal degrees. Non-academic achievements are taken into consideration, therefore applicants with one or more of the following skills and experience are welcome and encouraged to submit an application:
- Mature managers with extensive work experience;
- Extensive experience of technical or specialist work;
- Professionals planning career changes or returning to employment after a break from work;
- Professionals seeking to develop skills for broader management roles;
- Professionals interested in becoming entrepreneurs, social entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs
Although we do not require GMAT, we particularly welcome applicants in possession of a GMAT score which can be submitted along with your application as your GMAT score may strengthen your application. We have recently launched an Academic Excellence scholarship which will be automatically awarded to all applicants in possession of a GMAT score of 650 and above. Further details can be found in our Scholarships and Funding page.
International students must show proficiency in the English language and have an appropriate qualification:
- Certificate of Proficiency in English of the Cambridge Local Examinations Grade B or above
- IELTS 7.0 (with no less than 6.0 in any sector)
- TOEFL 250
- iBT TOEFL 100 +
We also require two professional references and a personal statement explaining why you are interested in The ExeterMBA and how the course fits into your desire to change yourself. Your personal statement should ideally be tailored to our programme, and you will find some tips to help you write a good application in an interview we recently gave to QS Top MBA.
Successful applicants for this programme must demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of The Exeter MBA in their personal statement.