The Ayudar Exeter MBA Scholarship Programme
We have a unique Scholarship Programme which will provide a number of part and full fees MBA scholarships for Colombian citizens. The funds are generously donated by an alumnus from the University and his Colombian wife - Gerry and Clemencia Brown. Their desire is to support the development of managerial talent in Colombia, and particularly managerial talent that will make a major contribution to business development alongside positive social and environmental impact.
The Ayudar Scholarships are to study for the Exeter MBA in 2018/9 (starting in September 2018). The Scholarships are valued at up to £25,000 towards the MBA fees.
To be eligible to apply you will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- Be a Colombian citizen planning to return to Colombia and develop a business career in the country after graduation.
- Have a clear and demonstrable desire to make a difference in helping business to contribute back to society and/or improve the environment. You will need to write a compelling personal statement to demonstrate this.
- Have a clear and demonstrable case that you would not, without the Scholarship, have the financial means to undertake an MBA in the UK.
- Have a good academic background with the equivalent of an Upper Second class honours degree.
- A minimum of three years post-graduation managerial experience.
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 7.0.
- Two references
You should first apply for a place on the MBA, sending all the required documents. You can then complete the online scholarship application form here - you will need to upload a statement detailing why you feel you should be considered for the Ayudar Scholarship Award. You should include any significant management, professional and/or sustainability achievements and how you would envisage making use of your new knowledge and skills after the programme in contributing back to Colombia. Once you have received an offer of a place on the MBA, you will be interviewed (probably via Skype) by the MBA Programme Director and the Donors. Decisions will be made within two weeks of interview.
The Exeter MBA begins in September 2018 and the Ayudar Scholarship holders will be expected to take up their place from this date for a full 12 months.
If you would like to speak to a local Colombian representative who can advise on studying on an MBA in the UK, please contact:
Maria Cecilia Pineda
The Grad School
Calle 84 No. 18-38 Of. 505
Tels 57 1 6233506 - 57 1 2565394
Calle 123 No. 7 – 07
Edificio Fortaleza Real, Oficina 407