Scholarships, funding and tuition fees
At the University of Exeter Business School we want to ensure we attract the very brightest minds and talent, regardless of financial background. We therefore offer a range of scholarships and discounts to MBA students who can demonstrate academic excellence.
We offer discounts for 'early bird' applicants, those who can demonstrate academic excellence and those taking part in our The Exeter MBA 2018 Future Thinking Challenge.
- Secure your place by paying the deposit (as detailed in your offer letter) by 31st March 2018 and you will automatically benefit from a £3,500 discount from your fees for 2018/19.
- Please note that the early bird discount cannot be applied in addition to the Colfuturo / Ayudar or Emerging Global Leader scholarships.
- The Exeter MBA equips you with the knowledge, skills and tools to contribute innovation and new business models in a fast evolving world. By taking part in our The Exeter MBA 2018 Future Thinking Challenge and evidencing reflective and innovative business thinking you will not only develop a deeper understanding of the global challenges at the core of the programme but also reflect on their significance to your managerial experience. You will produce a personal statement that will greatly enhance your chances of securing a place in the programme. We will reward your engagement with our programme through our Challenge with an additional £2,000 discount off your tuition fees (subject to securing a place on the programme).
- Taking part is easy. Simply read our The Exeter MBA 2018 Future Thinking Challenge and address ONE of the five suggested questions in your personal statement.
- An number of academic excellence scholarships for all applicants in possession of a good GMAT score, as follows. Please note these scholarships are subject to availability:
- Score of 600 - 649 awarded scholarship of £2,000
- Score of 650 - 700 awarded scholarship of £3,000
- Score of 700 or over awarded scholarship of £6,000
We offer a range of scholarships for the 2018/19 session.
For the 2018/19 programme we are offering up to five scholarships valued at £15,000 each, which will be awarded to applicants who can demonstrate academic excellence and strong business leadership skills with outstanding potential, with a particular emphasis on what you think you will gain from the Exeter MBA, what your contribution will be to the experience of others on the programme, and what you would like to achieve with the Exeter MBA in terms of personal and professional aspirations.
To apply for the scholarship you will need to upload a statement of up to 750 words, stating why you should be considered for this award, with emphasis on your leadership experience and qualities. Click here to submit your application. The deadline for these scholarships is 31st May 2018. Please note this award cannot be combined with the early bird discount.
We are seeking ambitious, talented and positive individuals who are passionate about good business, keen to engage with big challenges and big opportunities and share the ethos and purpose of The Exeter MBA. We are pleased to be able to offer a number of merit based scholarships worth up to £10,000 targeted at applicants from a wide range of countries, backgrounds and experiences.
The scholarships will be awarded to promising individuals who can demonstrate academic excellence and/or great potential. These scholarships are awarded on merit following your application and successful interview for the MBA programme. No separate scholarship application is required. To maximise your chances of securing one of the Exeter MBA Director's scholarships, please submit your MBA Programme application as early as possible as their availability is limited.
If you secure your place by paying the deposit as detailed in your offer letter by 31st March, you will also qualify for the £3,500 early bird discount, meaning an overall saving of £13,500.
The Colfuturo-Ayudar Scholarship is a joint award combining a Colfuturo loan/scholarship with an Exeter award funded by a generous donation to the University. It is intended to support the development of Colombian students who will use the expertise gained from the Exeter MBA to make a positive social, business and environmental impact. The award covers the full cost of international tuition fees plus a substantial subsistence allowance.
To apply for the Colfuturo-Ayudar Scholarship please make an application to the Exeter MBA, then apply to Colfuturo during the convocatoria period 9 Jan – 28 Feb 2018. Please ensure you allow sufficient time (up to 2 weeks) to process your application for the Exeter MBA, as all eligible applicants are invited to interview by Skype before any decision is made.
To be eligible for funding you must:
- Be from Colombia
- Meet the Exeter MBA entry requirements and have a conditional offer of a place on the programme
- Apply for the Colfuturo funding - applications open during the convocatoria period 9 Jan - 28 Feb 2018. More information can be found here.
For the 2018/19 programme we are offering a new scholarship valued at £10,000, which will be awarded to applicants with outstanding potential. You should be able to demonstrate how your personal values link with those of The Exeter MBA, and have the potential to lead change in the face of global challenges.
To apply you need to upload a statement of up to 750 words, stating why you should be considered for this award. Successful applications will then be shortlisted for interview with Professor David Bruce Allen, the Pro-Vice Chancellor and Executive Dean of the Business School. Please click here to apply. The application deadline is 31 May 2018.
This scholarship may be awarded in addition to the early bird discount. This means that if you apply early and secure this scholarship, you will benefit from a £13,500 discount on your fees.
Several MBA Scholarships up to a value of £6,000 each are offered by our network of corporate partners and come together with the opportunity to undertake an internship or a consultancy project at the following organisations:
Coca Cola, The Cooperative Group, IBM, IKEA, Lloyds Banking Group and Thomson Reuters.
Please note, you can apply for a maximum of 2 corporate scholarships but students can only receive one award.
You will need to write a statement of up to 750 words for each Corporate Partnership Scholarship you apply for describing any significant management and professional achievements you would like us to take into consideration for this Award and explain why you have chosen this particular company and what particular skills and abilities can you offer your chosen company that might set you apart from other Scholarship applicants. You will need to make a separate application for each Corporate Scholarship - please click here to apply. The applications deadline is 31 May 2018.
These scholarships may be awarded in addition to the early bird discounts. This means that, if you apply early and secure one of these scholarships, you will benefit from a £9,500 discount on your fees.
The Exeter MBA is pleased to be able to offer a bursary of GBP £5,000 (five thousand pounds), per year, from September 2015, for the next five years thanks to the Trevor and Dominica Yang Exeter MBA Bursary.
The Bursary will be available to candidates who can demonstrate:
- ordinary residency from Hong Kong or mainland China; and
- financial need.
Preferential consideration will also be given to applicants with a specific interest in sustainability and sustainable business. Applicants interested in being considered for this bursary should have an offer of a place on the Exeter MBA programme.
Please complete a statement up to 750 words outlining why you should be considered for this award, including significant management, professional and/or sustainability achievements you would like us to take into consideration. Please complete the online application form here.
Securing a Scholarship
You need to have received an offer of a place on the MBA before you apply for a scholarship.
- Once you have secured an offer of a place on the programme you can complete the online scholarship application form for entry on our Full Time Programme. Find out more information about our application process and entry requirements
- The deadline for scholarship applications will be 31st May 2018
- Once applications have closed shortlisted applicants may be invited for a Skype interview with our sponsors and donors early June
- All scholarships are awarded on a discretionary basis by our generous donors, with eligibility assessed on the basis of your academic qualifications, work experience and your personal statement. The outcome of your scholarship application will be communicated to you around mid-June 2018.
- you can apply for a number of scholarships but students can only be awarded one.
- no feedback will be communicated to unsuccessful applicants
- all decisions are final
Please contact the MBA Office for more information.
Postgraduate loans for up to £10,609 are also available to UK applicants
- More information about postgraduate loans are available
- More information about our application process and entry requirements.
Sept 2018 start
All students: £30,000
Full-time MBA students
Fees are to be paid either in full, at the start of the programme, or in two equal instalments.
- 50% at the beginning of Term 1 (September)
- 50% at the beginning of Term 2 (January)
Executive MBA students
Fee are to be paid either in full at the start of the programme, module by module, or annually. Please visit the payment deadlines and penalties for non payment to find out more.
Ex-armed forces and independent professionals
We offer special terms to former armed forces Officers and freelance consultants to facilitate their professional development and/or transition into their new career. Please contact the MBA Admissions team for more information.