Behaviour, Identity and Decisions research cluster
We are interested in developing measures of well-being for individuals as well as societies and mechanisms to develop, engage and invest in the well-being agenda.
We are exploring the impact of mindfulness on areas such as resilience, uncertainty and identity. We are working on behavioural nudges to overcome childhood obesity, increase physical activity and overcome addictions.
In addition, we are seeking to understand needs and improve environments to promote quality of life and well-being for users, particularly for those with health constraints.
- Sebastian Kripfganz
- Philip Stern
- Inmaculada Adarves-Yorno
- Xiaohui Zhang
- Hauck K, Zhang X (2016). Heterogeneity in the Effect of Common Shocks on Health Care Expenditure Growth. Health Economics, 25, 1090-1103.
- Griffiths W, Zhang X, Zhao X (2014). Estimation and efficiency measurement in stochastic production frontiers with ordinal outcomes. Journal of Productivity Analysis, 42(1), 67-84.
- Stern, P. and M. Wright (2016), “The adoption of new prescription drugs is strongly associated with prior category prescribing rate”, International Journal of Research in Marketing, doi:10.1016/j.ijresmar.2015.12.002
- Zhang X, Hauck K, Zhao X (2013). Patient Safety in hospitals- A Bayesian Analysis of unobservable Hospital and Speciality Level Risk. Health Economics, 22(9), 1158-1174.
- Zhang X, Zhao X, Harris A (2009). Chronic diseases and labour force participation in Australia. Journal of Health Economics, 28(1), 91-108.