Behaviour, Identity and Decisions research cluster
'Identity and Emotions' theme
We investigate how social norms develop and are shaped by cultural, social and environmental context.
We are working on foundations of trust and reciprocity, charitable giving, and other-regarding behaviour (including pro-and antisocial behaviour).
- Cecilia Chen
- Ramon Cobo-Reyes
- Brit Grosskopf
- Beverly Hawkins
- Todd Kaplan
- David Reinstein
- Philip Stern
- Chen, et al. (Forthcoming). Beware of Popular Kids Bearing Gifts - A Framed Field Experiment. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization.
- Coats, J, Gronberg, T. and B. Grosskopf, 2009, “Simultaneous versus Sequential Public Good Provision and the Role of Refunds - An Experimental Study," Journal of Public Economics, 93, 2009, 326-335.
- Cobo-Reyes R., G. Charness and A. Sanchez (forthcoming) “The effect of charitable giving on workers’ performance” (with G. Charness & A. Sánchez) Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- Brañas-Garza, P., Cobo-Reyes R., M.P. Espinosa, N. Jiménez, J. Kovarik and G. Ponti (2012),“Prosocial norms and degree heterogeneity in social networks”Physica A (2012) 391: 849-853.
- Brañas-Garza, P., M.P. Espinosa, N. Jiménez, J. Kovarik and G. Ponti (2010),“Altruism and Social Integration”, Games and Economic Behavior 69(2): 249-257.
- Cobo-Reyes, R., G. Charness and N. Jiménez (2008),“An Investment Game with Third Party Intervention,” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 68, 18-28.
- Choo, L., Fonseca, M.A. and Myles, G. 2016. “Do Students Behave Like Real Taxpayers? Experimental Evidence on Taxpayer Compliance From the Lab and From the Field.” Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 124, 102-114
- Hawkins, B. (2015). Ship-shape: materializing leadership in the British Royal Navy. human relations, 68(6), 951-971.
- Kurz, T., Thomas, W., and Fonseca, M.A. 2014. “A Fine Is a More Effective Financial Deterrent When Framed Retributively and Extracted Publicly.” Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, vol. 54, pp. 170-177.
- Faulkner, M., Romaniuk J. and P. Stern (2016), “New versus frequent donors: Exploring the behaviour of the most desirable donors, Australasian Marketing Journal, Available online 1 June 2016.
- Reinstein, D. and G. Riener (2012), “Reputation and Influence in Charitable Giving: An Experiment,” Theory and Decision, Volume 72, Issue 2, Page 221-243.
- Reinstein, D. and G. Riener (2012), “Decomposing Desert and Tangibility Effects in a Charitable Giving Experiment,” Experimental Economics, Volume 15, Issue 1.
- Hugh-Jones, D. and D. Reinstein (2012), “Anonymous Rituals,” Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 81, pp. 478-489.
- Reinstein, R. (2014), “The Economics of the Gift“ in: Gift giving and the “embedded” economy in the ancient world, edited by Filippo Carlà and Maja Gori, Universitätsverlag Winter Heidelberg, pp. 83-99.