The Exeter Leadership Partners
Leadership research and teaching is a fundamental part of the Business School. Our aim is to unlock the leadership potential of individuals and organisations. The Exeter Leadership Partners provides for the cross fertilisation of ideas, approaches and resolutions in response to fundamental leadership challenges within organisations.
The Exeter Leadership Partners (ELP) has been running successfully since 2000 and is designed to:
- Provide an environment in which organisations from different sectors come together to explore the latest research and ideas in leadership
- Enable conversations that cannot be held elsewhere, based on high-trust relationships
- Develop innovative approaches to the resolution of leadership dilemmas, leveraging the highest quality research from faculty from the Exeter Centre for Leadership (ExCL) and the Business School
- Create and nurture a unique approach to leadership development directed at individuals with critical talent on the threshold of strategic leadership. We do this by developing the competence and confidence in individuals to move across this threshold.
How the Partnership operates
We work with the senior executives responsible for the strategic leadership development of their organisations and help with the management of the process to:
- Expand and challenge thinking on the wider aspects of leadership
- Achieve cross fertilisation of ideas to optimise the benefit to the Partners
- Co-design and co-create the Partnership arrangement
- Provide the opportunity to work with ExCL Fellows who act as ‘Critical Friends’
The Partnership includes organisations from the public, private and voluntary sectors and is designed to help them improve their organisational and individual strategic leadership capability. It covers a range of leadership activities which are developed jointly by Exeter and the Partners.
Terms of engagement
We are keen to engage with organisations from a wide range of sectors and work with them to develop individual and organisational leadership capability. The nature of the Partnership is such that we are looking to establish a long-lasting relationship, which is what the current Partners value so much.
Membership will be restricted to a small number of organisations drawn from across all sectors to preserve the crucial characteristics of connection and confidentiality.
For further information please contact:
ExCL Leadership Networks Administrator