“I enjoy working with people and my commitment to my clients is to bring energy, expertise, enthusiasm, understanding and challenge, as well as a sense of humour.”
Coach, Facilitator, Project Manager
Fellow of the Centre for Leadership Studies, and Director of The Exeter Leadership Network.
I am an independent Coach working with Leaders and Managers in the public sector, as they change or take on new careers.
Ask me about the work I do with Clients
I coach leaders and managers who seek a ‘career transition’ -stepping up, stepping out, new roles. The issues people often bring to coaching include – wanting to develop a better sense of the ‘big picture’ or be ‘more strategic’, wanting to build confidence and effectiveness in their role, improve working relationships, think differently about career pathways and opportunities etc. I provide a safe space, skilful challenge and positive feedback.
I also work with small groups/ teams/networks, who seek to be more effective, to develop their leadership role and opportunities, facilitating regional professional networks and study days
I have a track record in project management …
- Culture change programme within a large organization
- Cancer centre accreditation for acute hospital
- Management for Clinical Directors, Clinical Management Teams
- Integrating two neuroscience services + £7m new build
- Cross agency development for Policy implementation (community care,framework for primary care)
Ask me anything about the work I do with CLS /Business School
- Dissertation supervision
- Short courses
- Project management, coaching and mentoring
- Director for the Exeter Leadership Network
- Facilitating links between Faculty and Network members in pursuit of research impact, education and teaching, case studies etc
Tell me everything about
- What is important for you at the moment? What is the timescale?
- Who else is involved in this and could support you? How could you think differently about this?
- How can I work with you to support you to achieve your targets /goals?
Here is what you should know about working with me
When I coach, you set the agenda and pace, tell me what is really important to you – I bring skilful questioning, challenge, an alternative perspective, a safe space and a sense of humour. What we talk about is confidential and between us. (Note: Coaching is not privileged under law).
I am a well-organized self-starter and I enjoy working on complex projects. I have over 30 years’ experience in clinical management and project management roles at local and regional levels. My clients are mainly in the public sector, but not exclusively. I am a qualified Coach, Occupational Therapist and I have an MPhil in Education.