Research Conference, 4th - 5th September 2014
Innovations in Sustainable Agriculture & Food Supply Chains
Hosted by the ‘Business, nature and value’ research group at the Business School, the inspiring one and half day Research Conference in 'Innovations in Sustainable Agriculture & Food Supply Chains' has successfully brought together top academics in Agri-business research from the UK, Europe, US, Europe, South Africa, China, Brazil and Senior management from WWF China, WWF US, Tetra Pak and Nestle to set research agenda on ‘Agricultural supply chain management’.
The conference was building on the existing collaboration with key partners, the attendees identified future priorities and generated ideas for large scale grant applications by bringing business and management perspectives into the research on agricultural economics.
Prof. Richard Owen, Associate Dean for Research, delivered a welcome talk.
Conference Speakers included:
- Prof. Zhaohui Wu, Oregon State University US, Visiting professor, University of Exeter Business School.
- Prof. Milla Mclachlan, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa.
- Dr. Tao Hu, WWF US.
- Dr. Stefen Canz, Nestle.
- Michelle Miller, Center for Integrated Agricultural Systems, University of Wisconsin – Madison, US.
- Prof. Jacques H. Trienekens, Wageningen University, the Netherlands.
- Prof. Lenny Koh, Sheffield University Management School, UK.
- Dr. Lin Li, WWF China.
- Prof. Hongdong Guo, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development, Zhejiang University.