The School has a growing number of research centres, backed by public organisations and private benefactors. Conducting new and exciting research at the cutting edge of their fields, many of our centres are renowned as leading international research hubs.
Each centre has its own website, which you can visit using the links below:
- Centre for Innovation and Service Research (ISR) is dedicated to the development of new knowledge and research expertise across a wide variety of service research priorities.
- The Centre for Sport, Leisure and Tourism Research (CSLTR) aims to help businesses and organisations of all sizes with research or training needs in the sector. Sport, leisure and tourism are serious contributors to the UK economy and especially sensitive to major signals in the contemporary business environment, such as recessions, oil and utility price rises, and climate change.
- With support from numerous leading academics and partners in academia, government and business, The Finance and Economics Experimental Laboratory (FEELE) researches economic behaviour through interactive gaming experiments and simulations.
- Public Economics Trade and Environment (PETE).
- The ESRC/HMRC/HMT Tax Administration Research Centre (TARC).
We have two outstanding research departments
- Centre for Leadership Studies - CLS concentrates on the issues and challenges of leadership. It asks, ‘what makes a good leader, and what constitutes good leadership practice?’
- The Xfi Centre for Finance and Investment is known for its empirical approach. It researches all aspects of finance and investment, with a strong emphasis on world financial markets.