Nicolas Forsans, One Planet MBA Programme Director
An MBA at Exeter changes the future
Combining tradition and heritage with innovation and insight, an MBA at Exeter gives you the business skills, knowledge and experience to address the critical global challenges of the future.
Environmental, financial and social changes are challenging traditional business models. Tomorrow’s business leaders across the globe must recognise and embrace these challenges and be capable of developing more sustainable business practices and processes.
Developed in partnership with WWF International, our One Planet MBA develops a new generation of business leaders equipped with the knowledge, skills and understanding required to create, build and develop sustainable, profitable businesses capable of succeeding in a fast changing international business landscape.
With our One Planet MBA you will gain the ability to innovate, to think and act strategically and to lead others through organisational change.
The One Planet MBA – an innovative and internationally recognised programme
Developing your skills and acquiring a solid foundation in core business disciplines – finance, economics, accounting, operations, HR and strategy – is fundamental to the programme. But you will go beyond this and gain the skills and understanding to become a successful business leader in a rapidly changing world.
- An exciting One Planet MBA programme of core and elective modules are combined with innovative extra-curricular workshops and events designed to build your analytical, strategic thinking, team working, communication and leadership skills as a future leader. Our programme emphasizes the themes of responsible management and sustainability, innovation, globalisation and entrepreneurship through innovative electives to deepen your knowledge in specific areas of interest and refine your skills. Our leadership and career coaching programme runs throughout the year to enable you to reflect on your journey of self discovery
- Our teaching approach includes conventional lectures, case study seminars, debates and interactions between students and our faculty and industry experts, and among your fellow learners who all bring a diversity of views and a wealth of experience. Study groups foster mutual motivation and support, and are key vehicles toward the development of teamwork and leadership skills.
- Our links with global business and industry mean we can draw on an extensive network of corporate partners and business professionals who contribute directly to the MBA
- The MBA teaching team is headed up by top-flight faculty, business leaders and entrepreneurs which means you will have access to the very latest business ideas, theories and approaches – with the themes of responsible management at the core of everything you will experience
- Field visits and study trips, in the UK and abroad, enable you to get first hand exposure to complex challenges faced by a wide range of organisations
- Global networking opportunities with our MBA alumni network through regular events and receptions throughout the year.
- To complete your experience and develop practical skills, our programme provides two options for your final MBA Project, a live, industry-based consultancy project or a specialist research project of your choosing.
Our insight into the business world has enabled us to develop, in partnership with the WWF and business leaders an innovative MBA programme that combines intensive training in the core business disciplines that are a pre-requisite for senior managers, with training in responsible business practices that will become the norm for organisations worldwide.
Our One Planet MBA has won many accolades in recent years
- Ranked in the top 3 worldwide, and 1st in the UK by Corporate Knights (2012 - 2013)
- Ranked in the top 50 worldwide by the Washington-based Aspen Institute (2012)
- Winner, AMBA Innovation award, 2012
- Best new programme – Green Gown Awards 2012