MBA International Experiences
The purpose of this module is to enable you to broaden your knowledge and experience by studying one or more elective modules at approved international partner institutions (Audencia in Nantes, Kedge in Marseilles) as part of your MBA study, live, study and interact with like-minded MBA participants in a cross-cultural environment overseas. Dependent on the credit bearing arrangements for the electives, credits will be counted as an MBA option and assessed by a combination of assessment set by the partner institute and assessment set by the Business School.
Expectations about prior knowledge and pre-requisites will depend on the individual modules offered by the partner institute.
Internationalisation: internationalisation of your experience is embedded in the module..
External Engagement: external engagement takes place through interaction with lecturers, professionals and like-minded MBA participants at local partner institutions
Employability: you will acquire a number of skills, including adaptability and team working skills in a cross-cultural setting.
Ethics and Corporate Responsibility: The partner institutes’ MBA directly links with CSR and the module content directly addresses issues of ethics, CSR and sustainability in an international context.
Research in Teaching: All modules offered within the International Experiences build on the latest research and scholarship in the individual fields.
Full module specification
|Module title:||MBA International Experiences|
|Duration of module:||
Duration (weeks) - term 3: |
The International Experiences module on the MBA enables you to
- broaden your knowledge of business in an international context
- broaden your experience
- network with like minded MBA participants, experts and corporate organisations overseas
- promote the acquisition and application of team working in a cross cultural environment overseas
- reflect on your skills development and experiences
ILO: Module-specific skills
- 1. adapt to life and learning in a foreign environment.
- 2. appreciate the challenges different environments generate to business, individuals and societies.
- 3. develop a global mindset.
- 4. network with like-minded MBA participants, experts and corporate organisations in a cross-cultural setting overseas.
ILO: Discipline-specific skills
- 5. acquire specialist knowledge that complements that transferred on the one planet MBA.
- 6. reflect on your experiences while living and studying overseas.
ILO: Personal and key skills
- 7. adaptability to life and learning in a cross-cultural environment overseas.
- 8. team work in a cross cultural setting overseas.
- 9. network with like-minded professionals overseas.
Learning activities and teaching methods (given in hours of study time)
|Scheduled Learning and Teaching Activities||Guided independent study||Placement / study abroad|
Details of learning activities and teaching methods
|Category||Hours of study time||Description|
|Learning activities||28||The learning activities and teaching methods will depend on the students module choices.|
|Guided independent study||28||Research and Reading|
|Form of assessment||Size of the assessment (eg length / duration)||ILOs assessed||Feedback method|
|as determined by partner institution||as determined by partner institution||as outlined by partner institution||as outlined by partner institution|
Summative assessment (% of credit)
|Coursework||Written exams||Practical exams|
Details of summative assessment
|Form of assessment||% of credit||Size of the assessment (eg length / duration)||ILOs assessed||Feedback method|
|A combination of lectures, seminars and group work as determined by partner institution||100||n/a||as outlined by partner institution||as outlined by partner institution|
Details of re-assessment (where required by referral or deferral)
|Original form of assessment||Form of re-assessment||ILOs re-assessed||Timescale for re-assessment|
|as outlined by partner institution||as outlined by partner institution||as outlined by partner institution||as determined by partner institution|
as determined by partner institution
The modules on offer will each consist of four consecutive days (28 hours) of classroom-based teaching and learning that will introduce issues formally and through critical debate.
Indicative learning resources - Basic reading
To be determined by the host partner institute.
Module has an active ELE page?
Last revision date