Full module specification
|Module title:||Management Project|
|Duration of module:|
The management project provides students with the opportunity to pursue individual and independent research while being provided with appropriate tutorial guidance and support. It aims to introduce the student to the application of a range of research and methods and to consider management practice from the perspective of relevant theoretical frameworks.
ILO: Module-specific skills
- 1. Undertake a comprehensive study into the chosen area of business research
ILO: Discipline-specific skills
- 2. Critically analyse and evaluate data, using a range of sources effectively
- 3. Use appropriate quantitative and qualitative techniques
- 4. Create, evaluate and assess a range of options
- 5. Demonstrate reflective learning
ILO: Personal and key skills
- 6. Conduct research into business issues, using a range of data, sources and appropriate methodologies
- 7. Select and organise material and present it in a timely and appropriate format
- 8. Demonstrate effective self-management skills
Summative assessment (% of credit)
|Coursework||Written exams||Practical exams|
Details of summative assessment
|Form of assessment||% of credit||Size of the assessment (eg length / duration)||ILOs assessed||Feedback method|
|Management Project Report||100||5000-8000 words|
Initial sessions will be organised to provide guidance for the commencement of the management project. These will focus on study skills and research methodology. Subsequent guidance and support will be provided through meetings arranged with the project supervisor.
Indicative learning resources - Basic reading
The reading list will be dependent upon the subject area of the Management Project. It is anticipated that reference will be made in the course of the project, appropriate academic texts, as well as use of a range of other primary and secondary research material.
Module has an active ELE page?
Last revision date