Mr Siddhartha Dabhi
+44 (0) 1392 72
University of Exeter, Penryn Campus, Penryn, TR10 9FE
I am an academic nomad, researching political economy of large-scale renewable energy projects in India. My other research interests include political economy of Carbon Markets, ethno ecology (particularly interested in nomadic and semi-nomadic pastoral communities), cooperative organizations (dairy cooperatives and newly emerging solar cooperatives).
Apart from PhDing, I enjoy reading (likes of Tolkein and Murakami), movies, music (sufi, Indian classical, Qawwali, classic rocck), cycling and photography.
- M.A. Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development (2012 – 2014)
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Guwahati (India)
Result: 7.6 Grade Point Average; -A Letter Grade
Thesis: ‘Turbines of Trouble: A Study of ONGC Wind Energy Project under the Clean Development Mechanism in the state of Gujarat’ (Supervisor – Dr. Shalini Sharma)
- Post Graduate Certificate – Economics (2007 - 2008)
University of Essex (UK)
Thesis: ‘Clean Development Mechanism - How ‘clean’ is it? A study of the CDM project ofGujarat Fluorochemicals Limited’ (Supervisor – Dr. Steffen Boehm)
- B.A. Economics (2004 - 2007)
St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad. (Gujarat University)
- Daftar – The Coworking Space (June 2016 to present)
Working as the Founder of Daftar - The coworking space. Daftar is a coworking space that provides a serviced office to freelancers, travelling professionals and start-up companies.
- Centre for Integrated Development (March 2016 to May 2017)
Working as a Training Coordinator. I design, manage and teach in courses on climate change and sustainable development for university students. I also design and teach in courses on climate change and carbon trading for NGOs and government officers. My other responsibilities include liasoning with NGOs and government departments for training programmes.
- Institute of Rural Management, Anand (August 2015 to February 2016)
Research Assistant Worked as a research assistant on Grameen Gyan Kosh(Rural Knowledge Repository) and also associated with the Dr. Verghese Kurien Centre for Excellence conducting research on Dairy cooperatives.
- Samrakshan (June 1, 2013 – June 15, 2013)
Conducted Research on the Community Conserved Reserves in the South Garo Hills in the state
of Meghalaya for a period of 15 days under the supervision of Kamal Medhi.
- Independent Researcher (January, 2010 – May, 2012)
Researched and published research on the political economy of Carbon Markets and also other research topics like Pastoralism in Kutch, Gujarat. Research was funded by the Essex Business School.
- Essex Business School, University of Essex (November 2008 – December 2009)
Worked on a research project funded by the British Academy with Dr Steffen Böhm and published the book – “Upsetting the Offset: The Political Economy of Carbon Markets” and other research papers and articles.
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (Gujarat) (July 2007 – August 2007)
Worked on a research project studying the causes for high attrition rates in Call Centres under the supervision of Dr Ernesto Naronha and Dr Premilla D’Cruz.
- Political economy of large-scale renewable energy projects
- Political economy of Carbon Markets
- Ethno-ecology (Nomadic and semi-nomadic pastoral communities)
- Cooperative organizations (dairy cooperatives and solar cooperatives)
- ·2013. Feasibility Study on Development of Microplan for Eco Development Committees (EDCs) around Manas National Park’ (Supported by the Director, Manas National Park).
- ·2013. ‘Social Impact Study of NHPC Hydro Power Project on the Missing community in Gokamukh, Assam’
- ·2012 ‘Lessons of Sustainability from Pastoralists: The Case of the ‘Maldharis’ in Gujarat’ (Self Funded).
- 2009 ‘The Social, Economic and Environmental Impacts of Carbon Markets: The Case of the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM)’ (Funded by British Academy).