Dr Rami Chehab
Lecturer in Economics
+44 (0) 1392 72
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Rami Chehab joined the University of Exeter Business School as a Lecturer of Economics in September 2018. Before joining Exeter, Dr Chehab worked as a post-doc researcher at Herriot-Watt University on pension projects funded by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
Dr Chehab holds a PhD and MSc in Economics and Econometrics from the University of Exeter. Prior to that, he obtained a bachelor in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Mathematics and Economics from the American University of Beirut (AUB).
His research interests lie at the intersection of economics, statistics, finance, and mathematical economics. In particular, subjects like Financial econometrics, Macro econometrics, Theoretical econometrics and Actuarial science.
- PhD in Economics
- Msc in Economics and Econometrics
- BE in Mechanical Engineering with a minor in Mathematics and Economics
- Applied and Theoratical Econometrics
- Pension Systems
- Machine Learning applications to economics
- Optimization Techniques in Economics
- Applied Macroeconomics
- Historical Islamic Finance and Economics
- A frequency domain wild bootstrap for dependent data (with James Davidson)
- An assessment of various dynamic life-cycle strategies in DC pension plan using different bootstrapping method (with Richard Harris and Aya Ghalayini)
- Inter-generational risk sharing with smoothing mechanism for participating life-insurance contracts (with Catherine Donnelly and Thomas Bernhardt)
- BEE3054 - Advanced Mathematics for Economists
- BEEM011 - Applied Econometrics 1
- BEEM103 - Optimization Techniques for Economists