Professor Pengguo Wang
Professor of Finance and Accounting, Director of Postgraduate Research Students (Finance)
+44 (0) 1392 722129
Xfi Building, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4ST, UK
Pengguo Wang received degrees in Mathematics (BSc) and Operational Research (MSc) in China. He then obtained a PhD in Finance at Strathclyde. Prior to joining the University of Exeter Business School, he was a faculty member at Imperial College London and Bristol University. He worked as an ESRC Research Fellow in a joint program in Lancaster Management School and Manchester Business School.
Pengguo’s research, teaching and consulting interests are in the intersection of finance and accounting and include equity valuation, market based accounting research, asset pricing and risk management. His research is supported by KPMG, ACCA, and The Institute for Quantitative Investment Research (INQUIRE-UK) grants.
BSc (Math), MSc (Operational Research), PhD (Finance)
- Equity Risk Premium
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- Risk Factors
- Firm Valuation Models
- Option Pricing
- Equity Trading Strategies.
- £285k, ESRC, Cost of Capital and Asset Pricing in the UK (with A. Gregory, C. Dargenidou, R.Tharyan).
- Editorial Board: European Accounting Review
- Associate Editor: Frontier in Economics and Finance.
- External examiner, Nottingham University