Dr Laura Phillips
Lecturer in Management
+44 (0) 1392 722558
CSAM, Floor 2
Building:One, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4ST, UK
Laura Phillips first joined the Business School in 2007 as a Knowledge Transfer Associate. After obtaining her PhD, Laura continued at the Business School as a Research Fellow, working on EPSRC and RCUK funded research projects in the banking, defence and telecoms sectors.
Laura's research interests lie in business model change and innovation, with a special interest in the context of digital disruption (i.e. IoT). Since becoming a lecturer in 2016, Laura has continued to be involved in large research programmes in this area, most recently with VISTA AR, a £7.8m INTERREG project that explores visitor experience at cultural heritage sites, creating new VR and AR digital interpretations and exploring the new business models they enable.
Her research has been published in the International Journal of Production and Operations Management, Production Planning & Control and the Journal of Service Management. She is also a member of the Editorial Review Board for International Journal of Production & Operations Management.
- PhD Management (Exeter University)
- BA (Hons) Business (Plymouth University)
- Service systems/ Product service systems
- Customer value
- Business model change and innovation
- Digital disruption
Laura has worked on a number of large research programmes in these areas, including an EPSRC Knowledge Transfer Award, the KT Box; the EPSRC/S4T programme; contract research with Rolls Royce; the RCUK HAT project and, most recently, VISTA AR a £7.8m INTERREG programme.
- VISTA AR. Exploring visitor experience at cultural heritage sites, this programme aims to create new VR and AR digital interpretations and explore the new business models they enable.
Publications by category
Publications by year
Awards and Honours
- Best Service Science Paper Award (Naples Forum on Service, 2011)
- Best Practitioner Paper Nominee (Frontiers in Service, 2008)
Member of the Editorial Review Board for International Journal of Production & Operations Management