Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
+44 (0) 1392 725614
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Before joining the Business School in 2011, Joanne worked at the University of York and the University of Nottingham (Malaysia), where she designed, led and taught a wide range of accounting, finance and management subjects at pre-university, undergraduate and postgraduate levels of study.
Joanne’s career started as a Graduate Trainee. She qualified as a CIMA management accountant whilst working in operation and systems roles within the manufacturing industry. She then chose to diversify her knowledge, skills and experience as a contractor/consultant for a wide range of organisations and across many different industries in the UK and Europe.
Pursuing a curiosity for teaching, Joanne obtained a University of Cambridge CELTA (grade B) and taught in Vietnam and Cambodia, exploring south-east Asia whenever possible, before entering higher education teaching in 2009.
She also undertakes a number teaching and administrative roles within the Business School. These currently include Pastoral and Academic Tutor, With Industrial Experience Tutor, Exams Officer, and INTO Liaison Manager.
- BA Hons European Business with French
- Diplome Universitaire de Technologie - Gestion des Entreprises et des Adminstrations, Grenoble, France
- CELTA (University of Cambridge)
Joanne currently teaches accounting to post-graduate students.
Previously taught modules
- BEA1009 - Introduction To Management Accounting
- BEA2010 - Managerial Accounting
- BEA2017 - Intermediate Management Accounting
- BEA2017A, BEA2017K - Intermediate Management Accounting
- BEAM025 - Advanced Management Accounting
Current taught modules
Joanne also lectures on the Business Skills and Concepts for International Film, a module on the MA International Film Business programme, run in partnership with The London Film School.