Lecturer/Academic Mentor & Internal Quality Assurer for Degree Apprenticeships
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Colleen has a varied background in law having worked for the Insolvency Service, Accountancy and Solicitors firms in the areas of company law, debt, corporate recovery and insolvency. She left private practice to focus on her passion for teaching in Further and Higher Education and has over 5 years’ experience in this sector; during which, she won the award of ‘inspirational teacher’. She has taught at a variety of levels including professional, degree and apprenticeship programmes. Colleen joined the Business School at Exeter University in 2021.
- Academic mentor and internal quality assurer for degree apprenticeships
- Supporting apprentices in the development of their portfolios for the End Point Assessment and assistance with the work-based learning element on the CMDA programmes.
BA (Hons) Law, LLM Industrial and Commercial Law, PGCE, FHEA
- Racial disparity in the criminal justice system - undertaking a PhD part-time, in Law and Criminology at the University of Plymouth
I have extensive prior experience in teaching the following modules at degree level:
- Introduction to Criminological Theory
- English Legal System and Method
- Tort Law
- Constitutional & Administrative Law
- Business Law
- Client Care Skills
Legal Research Skills