Professor Ben Zissimos
Associate Professor of Economics, Director of Research (Economics)
+44 (0) 1392 726466
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Professor Ben Zissimos joined the Department of Economics in July 2012. He received his BSc in Economics with International Trade and Development from the London School of Economics, and his PhD in Economics from the University of Warwick. Prior to joining the University of Exeter, Professor Zissimos spent most of his career at Vanderbilt University, with briefer spells working at the Universities of Bath, Birmingham, Oxford and Warwick. His research concerns international economic policy and institutions.
- Director of Research for Economics
- Director of the InsTED network
- PhD Economics, University of Warwick
The current main focus of Professor Zissimos’ work is on the policies and institutions of international trade and how they can promote or retard the process of economic development.
Publications by category
Publications by year
- Associate Editor, European Journal of Political Economy
- Research Associate in the Global Economy Division, CESifo Institute, Munich, Germany.
- External Examiner, Department of Political Economy, Kings College London.
At the graduate level his teaching interests cover international trade, trade policy and institutions. At the undergraduate level, in addition to teaching international trade and globalisation-related issues, he also has an interest in teaching macroeconomics and economic growth.