Senior Lecturer in Accounting & Finance
+44 (0) 1392 723239
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Aurel is a Senior Lecturer in Finance & Accounting and the Programme Director for UG Accounting Programmes at the University of Exeter. He holds a first class BA Accounting & Finance, an MSc Accounting & Finance with distinction, and a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice from University of Exeter. Aurel is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and is committed to enhancing student experience.
Aurel has extensive experience in developing and delivering courses to specialists and non-specialists. He has taught Accounting and Finance courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels at University of Exeter, and intensive courses at Nanjing University of Finance and Economics in China. Aurel is currently the module coordinator, lecturer and tutor for two modules: BEA1010 (Business Finance for Accountants), and BEA3008 (Finance for Managers).
Aurel has received several teaching awards, including:
- “Best Lecturer in Accounting and Finance”, University of Exeter Business School
- “Most Supportive Member of Staff”, University of Exeter Business School
- “Most Innovative Lecturer of the Year, University of Exeter Business School
- “Best Feedback Provider”, University of Exeter Business School
- “Most Interesting Lecturer”, University of Exeter Business School
- “Tutor of the Year”, University of Exeter Business School
- Programme Director, UG Accounting Programmes
- Module coordinator, BEA1010 Business Finance for Accountants
- Module coordinator, BEA3008 Finance for Managers
- Member of the Staff Student Liaison Committee
BA (Exon), MSc (Exon), SFHEA
- Voluntary disclosures
- Social network theory and analysis
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- External Examiner for UWE
- Member, British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA)
- Member, Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE)
Aurel’s teaching specialism covers Corporate Finance and Financial Management. He is currently the module coordinator, lecturer and tutor for two modules: BEA1010 (Business Finance for Accountants), and BEA3008 (Finance for Managers).
Business Finance for Accountants introduces students to the key concepts within finance: key financial mathematics, working capital management, financial statement analysis, capital structure, dividend policy decision, personal financial management, risk management, and information systems. The module aims to expose students to real business issues and decisions that they may face as accountants.
Finance for Managers aims to give students a clear and practical introduction to the major themes of corporate finance. It includes a thorough examination of the main techniques of investment appraisal and also discusses cost of capital, capital structure, sources of finance and dividend policy. The module will help students to develop an understanding of theoretical concepts in corporate finance, make them critically aware of the key financial decisions taken by firms, and provide them with structured opportunities to practise using the key tools and techniques of corporate finance.