Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
+44 (0) 1392 725614
Streatham Court, University of Exeter, Rennes Drive, Exeter, EX4 4PU, UK
Following her university education in European Business and French, Joanne accepted a graduate trainee role, and qualified as a Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA). Her professional career has spanned across a number of industries and organisations in a wide variety of roles and responsibilities, including supporting non-financial managers in developing and achieving strategic goals , implementing IT, audit, and cost-management projects, and reviewing, developing, implementing and managing operational and financial practices.
Her academic career started in South-East Asia in 2008. She has since designed, led, and taught a wide range of accounting subjects from pre-graduate to post-graduate years of study. She currently teaches across a range of non-accounting post-graduate programmes.
Joanne also has a high interest in employability and skills development, with a number of responsibilities related to this. She often receives recognition for her pastoral and employability support of students, particularly those with an international background. Joanne was awarded Most Supportive Personal Tutor at the 2018 University of Exeter Teaching Awards. Her volunteer work currently includes the provision of CV workshops and one-to-one advice to school students.
- FHEA Fellow Higher Education Academy
- CGMA Chartered Global Management Accountant
- ACMA Associate Chartered Management Accountants
- BA Hons European Business with French
- Diplome Universitaire de Technologie - Gestion des Entreprises et des Adminstrations, Grenoble, France
- CELTA (University of Cambridge)
Joanne currently teaches Accounting to a wide variety of post-graduate students across a range of MSc programmes offered by the Business School and other University colleges.
Previously taught modules
- BEA1009 - Introduction To Management Accounting
- BEA2010 - Managerial Accounting
- BEA2017 - Intermediate Management Accounting
- BEA2017A, BEA2017K - Intermediate Management Accounting
- BEAM025 - Advanced Management Accounting
- BEMM127 - Business Skills for International Film Business